Shedding for your wedding?

Options
13»

Replies

• nikkik8806
    nikkik8806 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm getting married this August 9th :) I've already been working on my weight loss for awhile but I've been trying to kick it up a notch since my honeymoon will be in the bahama's and I'm not gonna lie but I really want to look nice in a bikini then. Anyone can feel free to friend request me!
  • Crystalclear22
    Options
    I'm getting married October 11th, 2014 in Vegas!

I have about 4 months to lose 12-15 lbs. I'm playing it safe and ordering my dress using my current measurements. It will arrive end of June, but I don't need to have it altered until as late as early September. I'm incorporating a lot of weights into my new routine so I can tone up as well.

For me, it really just comes down to eating too much in the evenings. Big dinners, desert, drinks. I love them. Really need to stay accountable with my calories. I've lost 30 lbs using MFP before, and it really came down to staying under my calories most days. Then the weight just came off.

Pretty excited about our Vegas wedding! It will be 20 people, all close family. Yay!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Getting married August 9th this year. hoping to lose a bit but nothing crazy. My dress fits perfect now so as long as I don't gain weight I'll be happy.
  • Karla_SK
    Karla_SK Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married October 4 of this year. I bought my dress April of last year *14 months ago* at a size 16 and I hated the way I looked in it (loved the dress).

I've lost 22 pound since January and hope to lose 10+ before the wedding, with an overall loss getting me back down to 130-140 (starting weight 195).

I count calories and when I have the time (fiance and I work opposite work schedules and we have 3 children) I get to the gym to do cardio, a class or weights.

I love the inches coming off and I love how much better I look in my dress since losing this weight. I'm trying not to lose too much though because I'm worried my dress will be too big and be unable to be taken in as much as I may need.

Congrats everyone!
  • jessicaluttmann
    jessicaluttmann Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm getting married in four months, October 7, 2014. The dress has been purchased as I found out it was being discontinued so I didn't have time to lose the weight prior to ordering the dress which really disappointed me because I had to order it in a size 20 (I'm a 14 in 'regular' clothes).
    I'm around 210 lbs and 5'7and I don't have a specific goal to get to by the time of the wedding but I would like to feel comfortable and not hate the photos. I'm also turning 25 two days before our wedidng so I'm really hoping to start this new chapter of my life the right way (healthy AND happy!).
    I joined the gym a month ago and have been going four or five times a week. It's been rather discouraging though as I have only lost two pounds in the entire month that I've been going, I'm certainly gaining muscle but I'm desperate to lose weight.
    I'm happy to be friends with anyone who is going through the same sort of situation!
    Good luck and congrats to all of you beautiful people :)
  • alliarkadia
    alliarkadia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We haven't set a date yet, but its looking like June 22nd of next year! I need to lose about 50 pounds, and that freaks me out!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all and good luck!

May I suggest getting dresses that fit or may even be bit roomy rather than too small?

There is ENOUGH stress and pressure involved.

I'm getting married October 24,2014. I can't wait. But thank GOODNESS I am not stressed about fitting into the dress.
  • Jbower1025
    Jbower1025 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married October 25, 2014. I bought my dress a couple weeks ago when I was at a weight of 140. My goal for the wedding is 130. The dress fit perfectly and the people at the dress shop said that if I do lose the 10 pounds it should still fit fine. My problem is that now I have gained 7 pounds in he last 2 weeks and I don't know why. I'm so disgusted because I still eat around 1200-1400 calories a day and try to go to the gym 3 times a week. I don't know if I am gaining from stress or what but now instead of wanted to lose 10 pounds now it's 17 pounds which makes me so mad at myself. I'm hoping that this weight gain is just water retention or something.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married October 25, 2014. I bought my dress a couple weeks ago when I was at a weight of 140. My goal for the wedding is 130. The dress fit perfectly and the people at the dress shop said that if I do lose the 10 pounds it should still fit fine. My problem is that now I have gained 7 pounds in he last 2 weeks and I don't know why. I'm so disgusted because I still eat around 1200-1400 calories a day and try to go to the gym 3 times a week. I don't know if I am gaining from stress or what but now instead of wanted to lose 10 pounds now it's 17 pounds which makes me so mad at myself. I'm hoping that this weight gain is just water retention or something.
    Funny. You are in the exact same boat weight wise as I am. I bought the dress a bit big, I didn't have a choice with my chest. So theres no real worry about it fitting. But literally right after I bought the dress I gained about 7. I wanted to lose 10 (I admit total vanity) pounds And if I stayed on that track it would also be 17.

But you know what i did. I ended up resetting my weight to something more "reasonable" if you looked great in the dress then, you will look great on your wedding day.
    YOU CANNOT starve yourself for one day. DO NOT do this. Continue with the gym. Work on strength training. Figure out your TDEE and eat at that -20%.

You know the main reason I changed my goal, is because the stress is toxic. I'd rather weigh a few pounds more and look happy and healthy.
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow loads more brides joining in here :D

Congratulations on all of your engagements! And well done to all those who are having successes already! It's amazing how focused weddings make people! I'm sure I can keep it up after the wedding too, but a little nervous I'll slip up for a few weeks after before getting on track! Hopefully my honeymoon weight gain will motivate me to get back in the gym! I'm also hoping to sign up for some races after so I have to get back out running! Anyone else worried about falling off the wagon after the wedding?

4 weeks on Saturday until my fitting!!! I should be at my wedding target weight then (although I slipped the last few days as I'm injured, so can't exercise, have been bed bound and stupidly fed my misery and boredom! Back on it now though at least), mine has to be adjusted anyway so it won't matter if I don't lose quite enough, but it looked so amazing on me at my smaller size when I first bought it hence why I want to get back there!

Good luck everyone!!
  • LynzeNichole
    Options
    Hey everybody!! I'm getting married next April. I haven't bought a dress yet but I've gone to look at some. I don't have a particular amount that I want to lose before the wedding, my fiancé and I are just trying to count calories and plan on starting a work out program. Feel free to send me a request!
  • Sugarnspice1922
    Sugarnspice1922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    May 2016 bride here!!! Add me i need to lose 50lbs :(
  • msln78
    msln78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    May 2016 bride here!!! Add me i need to lose 50lbs :(

I'm in the same boat...I'm a march 2016 bride that nerds to lose 40lbs
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I did the opposite of what folks usually do. I purchased a bigger dress that I loved and had it altered down. Easier to go down than up.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    June 13 2015 here. Just under 6 weeks to lose about 5lbs if I can. I lost 9 and I love the dress now. We rented an island, so it's a pretty non-traditional wedding, including my dress (more of a cocktail style).