Loosing weight way to fast.

Options
2»

Replies

• rushmama5
    rushmama5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4 pounds in four days and not going to worry yet. feel good. Not hungry for more. Nuts, seeds and avocados are great for healthy ways to increase calories. I'm left wondering what is working for you and what changes you've made. Also-congrats!
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    Tmergen, if you are worried about the sodium you can do what I did. I prescribed to the "shopping the perimeter" approach to grocery shopping. I mostly only buy the foods that one would find on the perimeter of the store, ie..fresh vegetables, fruits, fresh meats, dairy, etc. That way I can still have my sweet, sweet HOT SAUCE! Just be mindful of the frozen chicken breasts, I noticed that a lot of the time the frozen chicken has added sodium.

On another note, what are your favorite hot sauces? I love my Frank's, but am seriously addicted to Sriracha sauce and Tapatio..
  • Tmergen24
    Tmergen24 Posts: 12
    Options
    Tmergen, if you are worried about the sodium you can do what I did. I prescribed to the "shopping the perimeter" approach to grocery shopping. I mostly only buy the foods that one would find on the perimeter of the store, ie..fresh vegetables, fruits, fresh meats, dairy, etc. That way I can still have my sweet, sweet HOT SAUCE! Just be mindful of the frozen chicken breasts, I noticed that a lot of the time the frozen chicken has added sodium.

On another note, what are your favorite hot sauces? I love my Frank's, but am seriously addicted to Sriracha sauce and Tapatio..

My favorite is the franks
  • nesto610
    Options

My favorite is the franks

If you haven't tried Sriracha or Tapatio yet, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Good luck to you in your weight loss endeavor!
  • JennyHollyHansen
    Options
    I agree Frank's and Sriracha are both delicious!
  • rjmelton
    rjmelton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For a GREAT snack that includes hot sauce, that is low in calories try this!

Peel and cut a cucumber into medium thin slices. Lay on a plate in a single layer. Squeeze the sweet nectar from a lime all over those low calorie low carb wheels. Then to give you that kick in the pants we all crave liberally apply copious amounts of tapatio hot sauce.

Dietary cost: roughly 90 calories.
  • nesto610
    Options
    For a GREAT snack that includes hot sauce, that is low in calories try this!

Peel and cut a cucumber into medium thin slices. Lay on a plate in a single layer. Squeeze the sweet nectar from a lime all over those low calorie low carb wheels. Then to give you that kick in the pants we all crave liberally apply copious amounts of tapatio hot sauce.

Dietary cost: roughly 90 calories.

I am so trying this! Thanks!
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    If you're having trouble meeting your calorie goals, cut out some of the diet stuff. Eat chicken *with* the skin. Whole milk instead of 2%. Throw some bacon grease and butter in your cooking. Dietary fat won't hurt you.

Louisiana Hot Sauce (or the generic Walmart equivalent) is another possibility of the hot sauce front. About 150mg sodium per teaspoon. Although, unless you've got a medical issue with sodium, I wouldn't sweat it -- the amount you get from the hot sauce ain't nothing compared to what you'd get from pretty much any "eating out" meal.