Exercise help!

Options
I want to be more active, is there anyone that could any tips?

Replies

• DanielAdams3
    Options
    Do you have any exercise equipment at home?
  • meowchrissymeow
    meowchrissymeow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No, but I have a gym membership, and i am up for buying equipment
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    What are your interests? Take walks, sign up for a class, checkout videos on youtube (HIIT, yoga, zumba), go dancing, ride a bike, go running, swimming, hiking. All you have to do to be active, is move...any kind of movement. It might help to work things into your schedule or see if there is a club or something you can join. Good luck and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think it depends entirely on what sort of exercise you enjoy doing. YouTube is a good source of exercise workouts - keep fit routines of all kinds, so you can get a good variety of them...Walking to the shops (and not stopping for a coffee), going for a cycle ride. All of these things cost little, if anything at all....

Edited to add: I use my Xbox and Kinect...it has helped me when I can't get to the gym and now helps me as I can't do heavy duty workouts due to a health issue.
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    youtube is good, exercise videos are great, couch to 5k, going walking, swimming, gym, get your own equipment like an exercise bike and use it
    There's lots you can do :)
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk
    Go for a swim
    Go to a gym
    Buy some exercise DVDs (Jillian Michaels, Beachbody)
    YouTube videos
    Join a fitness class of some kind (dance, martial arts, skating, etc.)
  • DanielAdams3
    Options
    All depends what you enjoy elliptical trainer is a good all over body workout and doesn't impact your knees as much as a treadmill its a great bit of kit
    Also I use YouTube as there are so many at home workouts to Do on there :-)
  • meowchrissymeow
    meowchrissymeow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I'll have a try at everything you have said and see what I enjoy more :)