Come far but not far enough!

Babygirll89
Babygirll89 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I'm Kerri and I'm 25. Last year I reached my highest weight at 285! I was miserable and felt horrible so I picked up Jillian Micahels win by losing and said enough is enough. So far I've lost 50lbs and want to be a size 10. I've come far but not nearly far enough. It's taking me longer then I wanted. I'm not working as hard and I could be. Always looking for new friends who share my interest in healthy living!

Replies

• littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    youve done amazing!!!!! keep going xxx
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    you are doing great!
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    great job!!! mfp is a great tool. i sent you a friend req together we can all get this done ;-)
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Hi Kerri.
    I am 28. Last year after giving birth to my daughter I weighed in at my highest ever in my life. And to top it off, body shape had changed and no clothes fit. I have made some progress before Christmas, but nothing as remarkable as yourself. Well done on your fabulous efforts!

I am learning to focus on how far I have come and the healthy habits I have made and use this to encourage myself to continue making good changes.

Please feel free to add me as a friend it you like. We all need encouagement to keep going. All the very best with the new year!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    You've done a good job already. Keep up the good work..coming onto this site and seeing everyone work out keeps you motivated. I've lost 9lbs so far and it's amazing what this site has done and the support I get on here from buddies.
  • billiebimbo
    billiebimbo Posts: 13 Member
    50lbs Is a stunning weight loss you must be so proud of yourself? wow - over 3 and a half stone - that is amazing!! you go girl - keep that up you will be size ten before you know it - I have to lose 50lb and I feel daunted so you must be so determined and focused - I am well impressed get you!!! well done you big pack on the back etc xx
  • billiebimbo
    billiebimbo Posts: 13 Member
    oops pat on the back!!! soz lol
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    That is awesome!!! WTG!!! I have found that weight loss goes in stages and each one requires a different approach. When I started I lost weight just by cooking my own meals (vs. eating out) and making the portion size smaller. When I hit a plateau, I changed to eating more meals per day( 4 and now 5) and started running. Find an exercise that works for you and push it every time. Each week try to do 5 minutes more per day than last week. When I hit the next plateau, I'll redo my food choices and I'll add weight training to get my metabolism up again. A lean body is very do-able if you are willing to do the work and realize that you didn't put the weight on overnight so it doesn't come off overnight.
This discussion has been closed.