I just want to give up for heaven sake!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    log your water (at least 8 cups a day - 6.7 oz each cup)

I'm yet to hear from anyone, anywhere that can give me reason why I should have at least 8 glasses of water a day. I have one or two sometimes, other liquids as well. Drink when I'm thirsty. Makes not a scrap of difference to me
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Your profile says "When can I stop hating myself?!"

I think that's the first place you should start. Being successful at weight loss highly unlikely to happen when you come from a place of self loathing.

I'm with this-if you really want to lose weight that's ok, but thinner doesn't equal happy.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I have been on a diet since I was 12. I am now 33 and figured out I don't need a diet I need a lifestyle change. Have you ever considered doing a detox? I just finished one and lost 13 lbs in 21 days. Calories in vs calories out is a MYTH! It does matter what you fuel your body with. Go the see the movie Fed Up (www.fedupmovie.com) After a detox and watching this movie I am switching our whole families diet. The movie does a great job of telling you how different calories effect your body. Good luck, keep going, and no matter what the scale says remember you are getting healthier ever day!

:noway:

I'm sorry that you think calories in vs calories out is a myth. It's not a myth. As another poster said it's science.

I hope you know your body detoxes itself. Kidneys, liver, bladder, pee, poop...Yup, that's how the body detoxes. If those aren't working then you may need a little help, but I'd say from a doctor, not a documentary and expensive products. If you search ANY thread with detox/cleanse in it, you'll see lots of people who believe in them talk about them, when asked to name one toxin, they never can.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Anecdotal evidence =/= science

I'm glad your detox worked for you. What other lifestyle changes did you make in the process? Were you eating the same amount you were before? Were you required to cut food groups?

My suggestion: Talk to a licensed nutritionist. They will be able to help you come up with a well-balanced diet that doesn't require you to spend your life's savings on scam programs.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    One of your previous posts indicates you are 5ft 7 and weighted 170lb..that gives a BMI of about 26.5, which is hardly obese and barely overweight.

If you have lost weight since that original post I would say you are very close to a healthy weight.

I suspect this more about what is your head and what you think you see in the mirror as opposed to what you actually weigh.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Do you want to change your lifestyle?
    Cause your diary says you don't...fries, milkshakes, lots of processed food... Where are the veggies and fruits?
    It's not enough to be in caloric deficit, you need to make correct choices

This are just suggestions, don't forget that :)

- reduce your sodium intake
    Maybe readjust your macros (reduce carbs and increase proteins %)
    - if possible, exercise in the morning. If you choose an exercise up to 40min, you don't need to eat anything before, that way the exercise will use the stored "fat"
    - you can eat bread, but forget the processed white bread and choose the dark one (1 to 2 slices a day, preferably at breakfast)
    - you can eat cheese, just need to choose the lean one...parmesan its not a good choice
    - try to avoid pre-prepared food. Cook your food, cause it will have less salt and not healthy things
    - don't skip any meals (at least breakfast, lunch and dinner)
    - log your water (at least 8 cups a day - 6.7 oz each cup)
    - avoid fast food (it will reduce bad fat)
    - forget the sweets 6 days a week (deserts, cakes, ...., ) and one day a week indulge in ONE thing, preferable until 2pm, so you have some time to burn those calories (it will reduce sugar)
    - introduce more fruit, vegetables and nuts in your diet (it will provide fibers and proteins, good to help maintaining lean mass and guarantee that what we loose is fat not muscle)
    -log correctly (quickly add calories don't make you accountable. Try to log as precise as possible).

Kisses

So I watch my calories and hit my macros. I also:

- don't look at my sodium...ever
    - exercise whenever I can fit it in, which is usually after my 1 year old is in bed at night
    - eat bread of any colour
    - eat cheese of any kind
    - eat things that come out of boxes and packets
    - have experimented with intermittent fasting
    - never log my water, though I do carry around a 1.5l bottle
    - eat fast food when I want
    - eat chocolate every.single.night
    - rarely eat fruit beyond a banana a day
    - does peanut butter count as eating nuts??

*looks at ticker*

You don't need rules and regulations. You just need to log accurately and honestly. Create a deficit. Hit your macros if that's what you wanna do.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I think that's the first place you should start. Being successful at weight loss highly unlikely to happen when you come from a place of self loathing.

QFT
  • christeenie
    Options

^THIS. And as another poster said, thinness does not equate to happiness. I've been obese and thin and back again in my adult life (range of 100lbs), and let me tell you, I was just as miserable skinny as I was obese. Don't let your entire self-worth depend on your weight.

Think about it this way - if you are approaching your weight loss efforts as a form of punishment for previous misdeeds or failures, it's going to be, well, punishing. To some degree or another, you'll dread exercise, you'll loathe counting calories, and you'll be miserable. I can't think of many (any?) people who really (honestly) enjoy punishment. We avoid it.

My diet and exercise patterns are far from perfect - I had a day where half my calories came from ginger cookies :tongue: (I still maintained a decent caloric deficit) - BUT, what I am working on first is my attitude. This time I'm losing weight because I'm worth the effort. I'm losing weight because it's a good thing to do, and I want to do good things for myself. That is making this all so much easier (and even pleasurable) for me.

You don't have to hate yourself. What is, is, and hating yourself will do nothing but make you unnecessarily miserable. Losing weight doesn't have to be torture. In fact, it shouldn't be. I suggest you reevaluate your motivations... and if you can change your focus, that will almost definitely increase your enjoyment and your success.
  • Goddbbyrth07
    Goddbbyrth07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Don't give up. Because the time will pass anyway. I have been there. Consider the following options:
    1. Change your workout routine if you've been doing the same thing for awhile. Some changes you can make can be basic like increasing cardio and decreasing weight training or vice versa, increase resistance (i.e heavier weights less reps), split body parts and do focus training (i.e. leg day, shoulder and chest, back and biceps).
    2. Change your diet. Try eating a diet high in fruits/veggies and very low in over processed foods like cereals and snacks.
    3. Take a break. Take a week or two off, then get back into your routine.
    4. Workout more. Do 2-a days for a dew weeks, where cardio is completed in the a.m., and resistance training is done in the evening.

Everybody's body is different. Some of us have to work harder or do things differently to keep our progress going.

Bottomline: Don't give up! You can do it!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options

- exercise whenever I can fit it in, which is usually after my 1 year old is in bed at night
    - eat cheese of any kind

*looks at ticker*

You don't need rules and regulations. You just need to log accurately and honestly. Create a deficit. Hit your macros if that's what you wanna do.

I'm glad for your ticker, and I see that you decided to do a change in your lifestyle, but what works for you wouldn't work for me.
    Loosing with healthier choices was the lifestyle change I choose to do, cause I want to avoid to lose lean muscle, since I only have 11lbs to loose, and if I keep putting carbs in my body I probably won't eliminate the fat that I want to reduce....I have lazy bowel (need to eat my fibers), I have water retention (reason to avoid sodium)...
    One of the first things I mentioned was that where only suggestions....this are things that are working for me...
    Also, healthier food will probably improve her "spirit", cause the "guilt" from eating a cheeseburger is totally different from eating some grilled fish with veggies... I know my body now rejects the fast food... :happy:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

- eat cheese of any kind

*looks at ticker*

I'm glad for your ticker, and I see that you decided to do a change in your lifestyle, but what works for you wouldn't work for me.
    Loosing with healthier choices was the lifestyle change I choose to do, cause I want to avoid to lose lean muscle, since I only have 11lbs to loose, and if I keep putting carbs in my body I probably won't eliminate the fat that I want to reduce....I have lazy bowel (need to eat my fibers), I have water retention (reason to avoid sodium)...
    One of the first things I mentioned was that where only suggestions....this are things that are working for me...
    Also, healthier food will probably improve her "spirit", cause the "guilt" from eating a cheeseburger is totally different from eating some grilled fish with veggies... I know my body now rejects the fast food... :happy:

My body rejects crap, mostly. You know, waste. Not perfectly good food.

Who said pp isn't preserving muscle? I preserved my lean mass doing everything you just suggested OP not do so... it seems all those things are irrelevant. Carbs aren't going to stop you from losing fat. ..I've reduced my body fat from over 31% to 17% by balancing my macros and micros, NOT demonizing foods (I eat copious amounts of sugar, typically in the form of ice cream and fast foods), moderate calorie deficit, and weight lifting.

Let's keep this simple, shall we.

Do things your own way but do not over complicate things for other people unnecessarily. If you feel the need to never put parmesan cheese on your lasagna again (though I doubt you eat it), fine. But there's no reason for anyone else to. Those things only work for you because by eliminating, demonizing, and over complicating you're creating a calorie deficit.
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I make my own pasta :noway:
    I also make my own ice cream... :noway:
    I eat lasagna and Parmesan :noway:

Let's keep it simple...we are all different...what works for you may not work for me, but this wasn't about you or me, was about her! :flowerforyou:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I make my own pasta :noway:
    I also make my own ice cream... :noway:
    I eat lasagna and Parmesan :noway:

Let's keep it simple...we are all different...what works for you may not work for me, but this wasn't about you or me, was about her! :flowerforyou:

Let me get this straight.

You're well aware this post is about someone else but proceed with your dribble about what works for you? Pahahah. K. Carry on.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Then give up.
  • gilmore606
    gilmore606 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Checked out your diary. Your diet is mostly carbs. You eat more calories than I do and I'm 6'1" 205lbs. Are you even trying?

Eat less food. Eat more veggies and protein and fat and less carbs. Stop eating bread and biscuits and cereal. This **** isn't rocket science.
  • ashlindavidson
    Options
    I'm doing the Brazilian Butt Lift, there are MANY programs though, and joined a challenge group at the end of April. It has kept me accountable, motivated me, inspired me, and given great clean eating tips/recipes. I decided I would start hosting challenge groups. Let me know if you are interested! These are PROVEN to work programs with money back guarantee at the end of 30 days if you don't see results. Promise if you follow meals and complete the workouts, you WILL see change!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. Many days you have no entries or use "quick add calories"

1. Accurately log your intake
    2. If your intake is less than your TDEE you will lose weight over time

If you think you are in a deficit and are not losing weight you are either incorrectly estimating caloric intake or your TDEE.

I am glad to hear you are working out regularly. Exercise has numerous benefits other than just weight loss. Good luck!