Chocolate treats sold in individual portions in the UK?

Options

Replies

• franch71
    franch71 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Yeah quest are multipack unfortunately. The fibre content however should be enough to prevent a splurge,lol. 17g per bar!

Haha if feeling full stopped my binges I wouldn't need to be here! :ohwell:
  • MarthaQ2
    MarthaQ2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    They all sound yummy!
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Kinder egg 113 calories
  • HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, where do you keep your chocolate and how do you store it? I've got a pack of mint Clubs (8), a pack of orange Clubs (8) and a pack of Tunnocks caramel wafers (6, I think) but to prevent me (or the kids) eating them all in one go I keep them at work in the fridge. One every so often at lunch or break time is OK, I get the chocolate (or sugar) fix and coz I'm at work I'm not in the situation where I will sit and gorge myself so it's fairly safe to buy the multipacks.

A couple more to add to your list: Chomp, 120 cals
    Milky bar (25g), 137 cals
    Both available from Tesco in single bars.

Kinder buenos, 123 cals, but you'd need to find a sweet shop for these, is that too much temptation?
    Kinder eggs are probably OK as they're about 20g of chocolate (so a bit smaller than the milky bar), but Tesco hasn't got the nutritional info.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Try buying the "fun size" packs of candy, and then repackage them into smaller baggies of just two or three pieces. Write the nutrition info for each baggie, then put them away. When a craving hits you, take out baggie, close the cupboard, WALK AWAY, sit down, and eat it slowly, savoring every bite. Then when it's gone, it's gone. You get you treat, without blasting through the whole bag. Win.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I like Tracker chocolate chip bars - quite low but can't remember nutritional info.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Thornton's chocolate is nice and they do quite small bars of various flavours, they also have child-sized bags of chocolate buttons which hit the spot if you just want a little treat. Most shops also have the chocolate fountain so you can get a melted 'chocolate shot' in a plastic shot glass, which is just amazing. They're nowhere near as expensive as they used to be either.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for popcorn as a treat quite often. You can get it chocolate covered in some places, or sweet n salt. 129 cals or so a bag.
    Boots does their range of 99 calorie shapers bars, of course.
    You can get a pack of 5 mini dark chocolate bars in Sainsbury's which honestly do not have the same moreish factor as milk chocolate so I find those safe to keep around.
    Holland and Barrett also do some mini organic chocolate bars in a few flavours.

But, I would consider working on the issue with moderation as avoiding the issue does not resolve it.
    I speak as someone who also struggles with a tendency to buy bulk amounts of things then eat the whole lot.
  • franch71
    franch71 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, lots more lovely suggestions - keep them coming (but please, save multipack suggestions for a different thread!).
    You can get a pack of 5 mini dark chocolate bars in Sainsbury's which honestly do not have the same moreish factor as milk chocolate
    I adore dark chocolate and am just as capable of bingeing on it as I am on milk chocolate.
    I would consider working on the issue with moderation as avoiding the issue does not resolve it.
    Thanks Graelwyn, I know that's really well meant. I've worked on the issue extensively (with professional help), and find that avoiding trigger situations as far as is practical is indeed part of my personal solution. Kidding myself that I can deal with multipacks is, for me, addictive behaviour; being honest enough with myself to avoid them where possible is one of my recovery strategies. Different things work for different people.

I'll pop into Boots and H&B next time I pass though!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Not chocolate, but I treated myself today to a Solero Mojito flavour (with rum, apparently, the assistant had to check I was over 18!)

Really tasty and refreshing, 55 calories.
  • turtlemoose
    turtlemoose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Caramac - 178

Yazoo chocolate milkshake can be bought in 200ml portions and is 140 cal for that

or Alpro Soya Chocolate drink at 250ml / 158 cal for a non-dairy alternative

Cadbury Animal bar (is just dairy milk really!) is 110 cal

Have a look at the kiddy section of the sweets - you'll find smaller portions like the mini packs of buttons and smaller bars of choc that might be more suitable.
  • turtlemoose
    turtlemoose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also have a look at the sweet aisle in any large supermarket and you'll see a 40p per pack or 3 for £1 section. A section of these will be aimed at younger children and will have smaller portion sizes accordingly. Of course some will also be higher so you will need to check the packet for the ones you like.

EG just had a quick look at Asda on mysupermarket - Flying saucers - 17g pack = 62cal
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mikado chocolate-covered sticks! 11 calories per stick! Okay, it isn't pure chocolate, but I can eat a whole pack if I'm naughty and it only comes out at about 300 or so calories.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Lmao yes my bad I got the name wrong they are the same product :blushing:
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    What I'd like is a UK shop that sells individual 15g Nutella portions… asking too much? Maybe :P

I dont think it is too much to ask!! They have started doing Philidelphia in the indivudual portions!!
  • FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Maybe a Nestlé Milkybar? :D
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

Yeah quest are multipack unfortunately. The fibre content however should be enough to prevent a splurge,lol. 17g per bar!

Haha if feeling full stopped my binges I wouldn't need to be here! :ohwell:

Haha oh I didnt mean satiety lol. I meant the slightly grosser (bowel related) side effect of excess fiber :laugh:

I'm a big fan of Mrs Crimbles coconut macaroons. You can buy packs that are just a single one and they're a really nice sweet treat with an afternoon tea/coffee :)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mrs-Crimbles-Individual-Chocolate-Macaroons/dp/B007XRADF0 (they sell them in supermarkets usually in the gluten free section)
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Naked bars

+1 these are amazing I love all the varieties they do. They are relatively expensive though if you buy them as single bars!!! buying the multi box packs when they are on offer is much cheaper :)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, where do you keep your chocolate and how do you store it? I've got a pack of mint Clubs (8), a pack of orange Clubs (8) and a pack of Tunnocks caramel wafers (6, I think) but to prevent me (or the kids) eating them all in one go I keep them at work in the fridge. One every so often at lunch or break time is OK, I get the chocolate (or sugar) fix and coz I'm at work I'm not in the situation where I will sit and gorge myself so it's fairly safe to buy the multipacks.
    I wish being at work would stop the binge for me... I can happy eat a whole bag of milky top freddos at my desk.