Tea, oh how I love tea...

Options
Anyone got any suggestions to help me cut down on tea? I'm talking proper, British tea here (white, no sugar) not herbal/green/fruit or any of that malarkey.

I know it's bad, I know I should drink the herbal stuff, but I just can't stop, and I'm on about 4 to 5 cups a day at the moment.

I supppose I should just cut it out entirely, but that's just too depressing to countenance (and they might remove my British citizenship)!

Replies

• RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Why not switch to something like green tea? I drink at least one cup a day, and supposedly it helps to boost metabolism. I can't drink herbal teas, they're not my thing, but I'll drink green tea and white tea. Of course, there's nothing wrong with a good cup of black tea, but maybe if you exchange one cup a day with green tea or something, and then work your way from there, it might help. Good luck with it, I'm the same way with coffee.
  • scarlettbleu
    Options
    Pish. Tea is the drink of the gods. I simply refuse to cut it out of my life. I suppose you could cut down on black tea and incorporate more green tea. But tea is life. Just ask Doctor Who.
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A good, hot cup of English Breakfast tea ... from a teapot with loose leaves not a tea bag... how delightful! It is a pleasure to enjoy during a busy day.
    I know this might sound dreadful, but you could cut back on how much you are drinking by reusing teabags/tealeaves during the day. This way you still get the habit of drinking a hot drink but it is weaker and won't be so bad for you.

Unfortunately this advice goes against what true tea drinkers believe. But might be worth a try.
    All the best!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I love tea too - but the green tea herbal kind. :) Maybe just cut back to 2 cups a day? Make it your reward or have it during a break. I use organic honey in mine, and have it around 4:00 pm, with an orange if I'm particularly hungry. It helps me stay in control until dinner time. So maybe you could have one cup in the morning and one in the late afternoon? I feel the same way about coffee, but I limit myself to one "large" cup a day. It was hard at first to cut back, but I don't feel guilty - at least you're not drinking soda pop, which is absolutely horrible for you.
  • mjcrothers
    mjcrothers Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the comment re: doctor who!!
  • cmskelly
    Options
    That's my problem - it is, indeed, the drink of the gods. And I don't even need a timelord to tell me that!

Thanks for the suggestions, I suppose it just comes down to biting the bullet and stepping away from the PG tips. Will give the green/white tea a whirl.
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Tea (even white) isn't that bad. It won't add huge amounts of calories and it has antioxidant properties. Maybe just cut it down to about 2 - 3 a day. One for breakfast, one after lunch and one at night?? good that you don't put sugar in it.
  • IreneAdler
    Options
    I absolutely rely on tea (the herbal kind) to keep me from craving junk food in the afternoons. It keeps me busy while grading papers and I reach for the teacup instead of the potato chips.
  • Stinger97
    Options
    Wait, what the hell is wrong with tea?