Options

Replies

• theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice coach.
  • connielmoore72
    Options
    Herbalife is NOT a diet, itis a lifestyle change. You have to want to change for the better of your HEALTH! Which means eating healthy on a daily basis. That doesnt mean you dont get to enjoy the "bad" foods, it just means you limit those foods to maybe once a week, and dont over indulge. Its all about choices and choosing to stay healthy and fit. its not about "dieting" its about nutrition and fitness. Its about living healthy so you can live longer, healthier, happier.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Oh for the days when these drugs had ephedra in them and actually worked! Now they're all just a big fat ripoff.
  • monbv
    monbv Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I have been on the 2 shakes and all the supplements, plus tea plus aloe, ive also been using myfitnesspal to track my kj intake and add my daily exercise. Ive been doing theis for 3 weeks, and even though I feel great I have not lost on the scale or in inches, very demotivating. At the end of each day when I calculate my day on MFP it says that I should be such in 5 weeks time which is very encouraging but after 3 weeks NOTHING!! have no idea what I am doing wrong
  • Chenillle
    Chenillle Posts: 1
    Options
    I just started herbalife my self whose doing it to??at what time should I have my one meal? I need some help!!
  • Beautifulandfit7
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I think everyone knows this, but you see the results people have and you get excited, but we all know, as you said, liquid diets don't work unless you plan drinking your nutrition for the rest of your life! :happy:
  • M4ribel
    M4ribel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think with with herballife diets you have to be on shakes the rest of your life to maintain weight i know people that have been on it for ten years they love the shakes and stay on it cause with any diet shake or not you have to maintain what you are doing for the rest of your life that's my opinion
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    I myself started with the two-shakes plan, and stalled out. I then starting using the shakes strictly as a Pre- and Post-Workout supplement, and made sure each of my meals and snacks were a clean, whole, unprocessed food.
    Wait is my math wrong? You're still doing 2 shakes a day. So how did it change?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is NOT a diet, itis a lifestyle change. You have to want to change for the better of your HEALTH! Which means eating healthy on a daily basis. That doesnt mean you dont get to enjoy the "bad" foods, it just means you limit those foods to maybe once a week, and dont over indulge. Its all about choices and choosing to stay healthy and fit. its not about "dieting" its about nutrition and fitness. Its about living healthy so you can live longer, healthier, happier.
    Lifestyle change implies you are doing something for the long haul. Will you be doing these shakes for the rest of your life? How is that even sustainable?
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So here's some information I received from my coach about how to plan out your meals.

TYPICAL DAY:

Your day looks like this (this is a sample, adjust to fit your schedule):

7:00 am Aloe, tea, F1 shake and tablets

9:30 am protein snack

12:00 noon aloe, tea, F1 shake and tablets

2:30 pm tea, protein snack

5:00 pm aloe, dinner and tablets

7:30 pm protein snack

10:00 pm aloe

Remember - it's not just about the food intake, it's about the exercise that you participate in on a daily basis to help increase the weight loss.
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Did it, sold it, lost weight with and without it. If you read about most of these types of weight loss programmes (Herbalife, Herbal Magic etc) you take their products in conjunction with a healthy, balanced diet. Stop taking the products, continue to eat the healthy, balanced diet and you will still lose weight.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    So here's some information I received from my coach about how to plan out your meals.

TYPICAL DAY:

Your day looks like this (this is a sample, adjust to fit your schedule):

7:00 am Aloe, tea, F1 shake and tablets

9:30 am protein snack

12:00 noon aloe, tea, F1 shake and tablets

2:30 pm tea, protein snack

5:00 pm aloe, dinner and tablets

7:30 pm protein snack

10:00 pm aloe

Remember - it's not just about the food intake, it's about the exercise that you participate in on a daily basis to help increase the weight loss.

Please elaborate on that one. :huh:
  • naomiwest54
    naomiwest54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Herbalife shakes since May 23. The 1st week I lost 3.8lbs and the 2nd week I lost 2lbs. The 2rd week I gained 2.8lbs back and I have been at the same weight since. Nothing has changed since week one in regards to my food intake and exercise. However, I did change the way in which I ate my fruit. During week 1, I would add a banana or a few strawberries to my smoothie. However, I like to eat my calories so I started making a plain shake and eating the actual banana or stawberries. I wouldn't think this would make a difference since it's the same amount of calories either way. I have one cheat meal per week (during the week that I lost 3.8lbs I actually had 2 cheat meals). Any advice? I am thinking of dropping off of the plan once my supply is gone.

Sample day:
    Breakfast: F1 (2 scoops) protein (1 scoop), 4 strawberries
    Snack: 10 baby carrots
    Lunch: F1 (2 scoops) protein (1 scoop), 1/2 banana
    Snack: yogurt
    Dinner: talapia, veggie
    Snack: apple
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Herbalife shakes since May 23. The 1st week I lost 3.8lbs and the 2nd week I lost 2lbs. The 2rd week I gained 2.8lbs back and I have been at the same weight since. Nothing has changed since week one in regards to my food intake and exercise. However, I did change the way in which I ate my fruit. During week 1, I would add a banana or a few strawberries to my smoothie. However, I like to eat my calories so I started making a plain shake and eating the actual banana or stawberries. I wouldn't think this would make a difference since it's the same amount of calories either way. I have one cheat meal per week (during the week that I lost 3.8lbs I actually had 2 cheat meals). Any advice? I am thinking of dropping off of the plan once my supply is gone.

Sample day:
    Breakfast: F1 (2 scoops) protein (1 scoop), 4 strawberries
    Snack: 10 baby carrots
    Lunch: F1 (2 scoops) protein (1 scoop), 1/2 banana
    Snack: yogurt
    Dinner: talapia, veggie
    Snack: apple

I would up the protein and add protein snacks. My coach had me use 2 scops F1 and 2 scoops protein in each shake. I do greek yogurt, pistachios, or something proteiny for at least one of my snacks. If I exercise I do a protein shake after.
  • naomiwest54
    naomiwest54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will give it a try!
  • byondcraz94
    Options
    I just started this diet four days ago. I know your not to weigh yourself everyday, but I do. (I can't help myself!) I saw myself getting fast results ( four pounds in 3 days, but might not bee highly accurate). However, I do find myself always hungry and not taking my required caloric intake, even after eating snacks in between. As an athlete who works out 2-3 hours for 6 days week, this diet seems to be a huge struggle, personally for me.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,024 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is NOT a diet, itis a lifestyle change.

You have to want to change for the better of your HEALTH! Which means eating healthy on a daily basis. That doesnt mean you dont get to enjoy the "bad" foods, it just means you limit those foods to maybe once a week, and dont over indulge. Its all about choices and choosing to stay healthy and fit. its not about "dieting" its about nutrition and fitness. Its about living healthy so you can live longer, healthier, happier.

couldn't you just do all that without herbalife?
  • Moran829
    Moran829 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am also using herbalife now for almost two weeks and excited to get my first scan. I have a lot more energy than I have in a long time.Hubby is also doing this with me which makes it so much easier. We're doing 2 shakes a day as well and snacks in between and a healthy meal for dinner. If anyone here would like to add me for help and support feel free.....and welcome to the herbalife family????
  • lindsey32204
    Options
    I am new to Herbalife- Can someone explain to me the difference between the protein shake and the Formula 1 shake.

I use the protein shake for Breakfast and the formula 1 for lunch or dinner. Is this correct?
  • Moran829
    Moran829 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You want to use 2 scoops of your formula1 and 2 scoops of protein drink mix in each shake