Replies

• rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Eggs benedict over jalapeno crab cakes. YUMMMMMMMMMMM
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Scrambled topped with cottage cheese, garlic powder and tomato sauce. Sounds weird, but it's AWESOME. And full of protein.
    I also sometimes top them with salsa, taco seasoning and sliced almonds instead of the sauce/garlic powder.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend adds sour cream and cheese to my eggs when he scrambles them, it makes them light and fluffy and super delicious. I like to make them fried over easy, then put them on half a bagel with some cheese and tomato.

Have you had eggs benedict? I've never tried to make them that way but my bf's dad makes them like that for me sometimes and it's amaze-balls.

Oh my bloody heaven! Sour cream, the magic word.

If you want to cheat on the Hollandaise, get Knorr's brand Hollandaise mix; it's in the spices and gravies section in the supermarket. It takes a whole stick of butter! That's one of those once a year meals.
  • apple_22over7
    Options
    Any which way they come. Fried, scrambled, omelette, poached, hard boiled, soft boiled, baked, coddled, devilled... I could eat eggs until the cows come home.

Favourite is poached, usually on toast, or as part of eggs benedict for breakfast. Least favourite is fried - they either have crunchy brown bits on the bottom that I don't particularly like, or they're done in so much oil they are really greasy and slippery.
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Poached, more yolk than white, in a frying pan of simmering water until the white is cooked and the yolk is still runny, served on wholemeal toast with a scrape of salty butter and lots of brown sauce. Yummy scrummy in my tummy :)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a kiss!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    At home I normally make the sunny side up and put them in a sandwich with some cheese and a couple slice of deli meat. Lately though, I've been making baked egg cups and use Oscar Mayer deli fresh turkey or chicken. They're cut thin and round so they work perfectly. I use 1 or 2 slices for each cup.

http://ohsnapletseat.com/2013/01/14/a-paleo-breakfast-baked-eggs-in-ham-cups/

I really like poached but never make them that way myself for some reason...it's one of those things I only have when I'm at my mother's house. They must be made with love! LOL!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I always thought over easy or over medium eggs were gross, until I started eating them with Korean food and now I love them.

However, scrambled eggs are one of my top 3 favorite foods. I usually like to fry them in canola spray into a disc shape and eat it rolled up with sauce, or on a taco, but fluffy traditional type scrambles are awesome too. I like hard-boiled as well.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Boiled and in my handbag. Seriously - I like boiled eggs as a quick protein snack so usually take one with me boiled wrapped in foil with a little salt and pepper. Just great when my energy is flagging and it's time for a snack.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with cheese and a side of chicken fried steak and white gravy plus a stack of pancakes......(Oh, did I say that out loud?!)
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sunny side up with some wheat bread for dipping :)
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Over easy or over medium with crisp wheat or rye toast, but I also like omelettes and egg sandwiches with ketchup If I'm scrambling/ making an omelette, I usually do 1/2 to 1/3 whole eggs and 1/2 to 2/3 whites, and use the saved fat calories to add cheese or sour cream.
  • erin6989
    erin6989 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pizza eggs. 'Nuff said.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I like egg sandwiches. I fry an egg, and place it between a split English Muffin with flavored cream cheese.
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    2 soft-boiled eggs every morning with toast for dipping. I love eggs all different ways though.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Basted
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Omelette (3 whole eggs, 4gm butter, little salt, black pepper and crisply done.)
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    omelettes for me :D ( 1 egg omelette ) Had mine today with turkey sausage ( 1 link diced) diced tomato, bell pepper, onion, garlic and fresh basil. Slapped that puppy on top of some whole grain toast :D
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    deviled eggs with a drop or sriracha on them ... mmmm
    actually, any way, i adore them , easy , quick
    eggs and cheese with a tiny bit of pesto and garlic and fresh ground pepper
    omelet with spinach cheese and onion/mushrooms
    boiled and peeled with pepper and brown mustard and turmeric(dont laugh)
    poached and runny on top of wheat english muffin
  • elsie0o0
    elsie0o0 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Over easy-medium on top of wheat toast with pepper and salt and homemade salsa or sriracha. I could probably eat that every day.