Walking your way to healthy/sexy

Something I posted on my newsfeed and I thought it would be good for the entire community:

Yesterday I was thinking about why I was so small in my late teens and early 20's while working and eating mostly at Burger King. Youth helps a lot of course but I realized that I walked to and from work 6 days a week. Which amounted up to 5 miles minimum daily, so you figure I was clocking in 30 miles walking weekly. This doesn't include walking to the store, movies, or the mall.

No wonder I was 140-150 poundsI didn't have a car! This makes me realize how just walking can really keep you trim. I'm really glad I got a fitbit because it makes me get off my *kitten* and walk.

If you have a fitbit friend me and we can virtually walk together! https://www.fitbit.com/user/2BRYGM. Or be my MFP friend doesn't matter to me let's get it in!!!

Replies

• HKHAN1982
    HKHAN1982 Posts: 89 Member
    I also have a fitbit but had it replaced a few times so then I lost my motivation. Haven't been able to link my new one to MFP correctly so that's another factor. I ate pizza and drank coke for dinner but then walked for about 30 mins. I work from home so I don't get much exercise in unless I walk during my lunch break or go to the gym afterwards. But I agree walking does help. If I could do 10,000 steps each day, I know that would make a diff. I only get around 2 - 3,000 steps if I don't leave the house and around 7-10,000 if I walk or go to the gym. I'm going to start really challenging myself to get atleast 5,000 steps on days that I don't go to the gym and 10,000 if I do go to the gym or go walking outside. Hope I start seeing a diff then!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Nah.
  • I've tried 30 day shred, zumba, insanity, and at the end of the day walking is the only exercise that I stick with. I shouldn't have ignored it for fancier things. I've been walking about 3-5 miles every day. The first week I was actually sore, which made me realize that of course walking is exercise. I'm glad I'm getting back into it.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    I walk my dogs 8-10 miles per day throughout the summer when it's too hot/humid to put in distance runs. It definitely balances the calories and allows me to eat whatever I want, year round. Even now that I'm no longer in my 20's either :)
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    I set 2-3 twenty one day goals every 21 days. One of my goals is to walk an average of 3 miles per day/21 miles per week. I have extended this goal for a second 21 days. It helps me clear my head as well:heart:.