Stupid Questions About Weight Lifting

Options
I have been over 300lbs for so long that I really don't remember what my muscles are supposed to feel like under my skin. I've started NROLW and after a tough session my biceps are sore, and I can definitely FEEL them. Not, like, the soreness, but with my hands. They muscles feel kinda hard and swollen.

This is normal, right?

I know that I didn't magically put on a massive amount of muscle overnight so I am assuming this is just typical swelling?

I read a Bro-Dude post on another forum about working out before a party to get "pumped" and worrying about deflated muscles after a few hours.

Is this what those guys were talking about? Do your muscles look and feel bigger after a workout?

Edit: In case anyone can't tell, I am not being facetious. I honestly don't know.

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    They look and fell bigger to due greater blood flow to the area. Water retention is also normal after lifting, especially for those new to working out. Totally normal.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    U JUS GETTIN SWOLE SON
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    U JUS GETTIN SWOLE SON

SWEET! I am going to go flex my fat rolls in front of a mirror now. Woo!
  • SteveyBrule
    SteveyBrule Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    THAT'S SWOLE. PRAISE BRODIN.
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    They look and fell bigger to due greater blood flow to the area. Water retention is also normal after lifting, especially for those new to working out. Totally normal.

Good to know! I feel .5% more badass now.
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    There is a very short-term "pump" in your muscles immediately after working out, from blood flow to the muscles. It goes away in a couple hours. There is also a smaller expansion from water retention, that can last a day or two. In my experience, when I'm working out consistently, the water retention seems to come and go randomly. It can even cause several pounds weight fluctuation, so don't freak out if your scale starts bouncing around.