Resisting the pizza!!! Help, please...

Options
2»

Replies

• soidade
    soidade Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Going to bed, but one more thing... My absolute favorite "worst" meal in the world is a cheeseburger and garlic fries from a local burger place. Together, it's about 1500 calories. But you know what? I ordered it a couple of weeks ago. I cut it in half and made it into two meals of 750 calories each. I ate half of it that day, and half of it for lunch the next. I compensated with very low-cal breakfast/dinner, stayed under my daily calorie count both days, and I still lost 3 pounds that week! Is that "failure?" Not to me! It's okay to have something "bad" once in a while. Just stop thinking of it as "bad" and retrain your mind to think of it as "okay once in a while in limited amounts."
  • whitney8654
    Options
    Go ahead and eat the pizza, but start training yourself to eat it slowly - i.e. grab whatever piece you are going to eat, put it on a plate, eat one bite - SET THE PIZZA DOWN while you chew that bite for as long as possible. Take small bites, chew for a long time before swallowing and set the pizza down while chewing. Even better - walk away from it while chewing so you have to walk back to take the next bite (i.e. go clean something, coming over to take a small bite every few minutes). Stretch that one piece out as long as possible. It wont stop you but it will minimize the damage!

What a great idea!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    If you love pizza you will just have to find a way to fit it into your daily plan. 1 or 2 slices of pizza doesnt sound too bad to me as long as the slices are not massive. good luck.
  • JTUSAFRet
    JTUSAFRet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I never say no to pizza, I just limit the amount I eat so that it fits within my diet.
  • ultrafishboy
    ultrafishboy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would have to get a new job.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I would have to quit and find another job.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I work part time (typically Friday nights and Sundays from 1pm-8/9pm) at a major pizza chain. I eat pizza. Not in huge amounts, and not everyday. Perhaps have gone for the past 2 weeks without pizza (just not in the mood for it) and that's odd for me.

Pizza is not bad. Just make wise choices about what you put on it (regular or light cheese, don't go crazy on the fatty meats) and how much of it you have.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    As several other posters have said, then don't say no to the pizza! Just say no to more than a slice or two. I've found that I can't truly cut out anything from my diet, or I crave it so bad that nothing sounds good, I gorge, and end up feeling miserable. Moderation is key.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh God I would never manage, pizza is the absolute best. And I cannot have one slice, cheese hits the tongue and that's it - I'm eating the entire thing.

I don't know what advice to give. If you can manage only one slice, do so. Either way, eat most of your calories during the daytime and rather go slightly hungry to bed. Stay full around pizza. Bring heavy proteins that will fill you up.
  • Bittersweetbruises
    Options
    Try just having 2 slices. I believe in you, lovey. Obviously you have some amazing level of strength to work in a pizza place because gosh I could not handle, I would go crazy with cravings wow.