Another newbie...

Options
I just joined this site and app on my phone a few days ago- and I must say it has really motivated me so far....wondering about how often the average weigh in is? Once a week? Avoid the scale and see how the clothes fit?
I am a married mother- 36 of 2 girls and have recently won a battle with lymphoma....I packed on a lot of pounds b/c of all this and this is why I joined :)

Replies

• prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on your recent win!!!! What an accomplishment.
    Now it is all about eating healthy and providing your body with healthy nutrients to continue on the right path of being cancer free forever!! :smile:

I try to weigh in every couple of days...i dont think that MFP has a set weigh-in.
    Just try to not drive yourself crazy with the #'s on the scale!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. I joined on 7/4/2010 and have lost 61 pounds so far. I love this site and I know you will too. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss goals. Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation.
  • sfrench1979
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I like to weight in once a week to soon and u might not be motived but in 1 week u should be lossing weight.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome to the website. i was also playing around on my phone and found this awesome site, even have my mom on here. if you need a friend go ahead and friend me. ive been on about 2 weeks or so, and ive lost 2 pounds, im only aiming for 1 pound a week so so far so good. my obsession was the scale. my clothes fit much better, so i judge more by that then anything, but i am weighing once a week. i used to weigh everytime i went in the bathroom. i got it down to a couple times and ive slowly got it down to once a week. this is my first week on that. good luck to you and congrats on winning your battle.
  • Melika80
    Options
    I'm new on MFP too, but I've done other calorie counting sites and found that it is most beneficial to only weigh myself once a month about 1 week past my "visitor" so I don't have any added water weight. Once you've been losing weight for a while you may not see as much from week to week and the monthly weighin seems to really give me a boost, without fretting about a week in which i didn't lose as much as I'd hoped.
    Congrats on beating the Lymphoma!