Ladies with THICK legs

Options

Replies

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Lady, there is NOTHING wrong with your legs. Do yourself a favor and drop that whole I've gotta be an anerexxic skelington brainwashing that they love to load into girls heads. You look awesome. Period.

Damn man nothing frustrates me more than to see some really good looking woman torturing themselves to lose weight to conform to some kind of ideal and then end up looking terrible. It's like they threw their looks away for someone Else's pie in the sky standards.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have thick thighs and muscular calves... I've never had to work my calves and can't find boots either.
    I want to tone my thighs, but in spite of not being able to wear boots, I love my calves! I honestly think that there are some men out there that would trade calves with me, LOL, but I consider it a good thing.
    If I can get my legs back to where I'd like them to be, I'll never stop wearing short skirts! Maybe even in the winter! :wink:
    You look amazing! Try to enjoy it! :flowerforyou:
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with your legs. Rock those in short shorts this summer. I too, have thicker muscular legs and a round booty to match! I'd much rather have that, than skin and bones!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    (Haven't read the whole thread)
    Another thing to think about is the anatomy itself. Some people have a musculus gastrocnemius that ends high up on the lower leg, with a looong achilles tendon. I'm blessed (thanks dad) with a muscle that goes much closer to the heel and as a result the whole leg looks chunkier. Knitters know the conundrum of making socks to people who haven't tried on the sock in the making.
  • GonnaLoseIt50Plus
    Options
    get some bike shorts to wear under your cute skirts, and rock those super awesome "THICK" legs honey. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a power house! I know this ad is talking about her butt...but check out those sexy legs!

Nike-Women-Ad_zpsea8496a6.jpg

I really wish there was a like button in posts.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Just sitting here thinking how we always want what we can't (or don't) have. I have scrawny, ugly chicken legs. I'm embarrassed to tell you my calf measurements. I long for legs like Rihanna's! :laugh: But I know what it's like to dislike a part of yourself that you can't seem to change no matter how hard you try. You have my sympathy, but of course I am certain you are beautiful "as is."
  • GonnaLoseIt50Plus
    Options
    I have tiny calves. I used to weigh 120 and a times smaller than that and now average 193 (working on lowering that) and even with all my weight gain my calvs have stayed small but my thighs are bigger... Honey i'd give anything to have thicker calves. Judging by your pic you look good and look normaly porportioned. Rock those legs with some heels and cute jean shorts and work it!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Her gastrocnemius ends up high on the leg and her lower leg is very slim in my opinion.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    And to the two other women on here talking about their thighs rubbing together in shorts or skirts... I'm not kidding, Body Glide will change your life. You can get it at any running specialty store or some sporting goods stores.

Yessss. Bodyglide, Goldbond Anti Chafe or even deodorant do wonders for the thigh rub.

GOD YES.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Muscle is smaller than fat. Doing strength training will decrease the circumference of both the calf and thigh.

Why do people say this is true? I have read it about a flat stomach too. If you can't spot reduce, surely, until you lose the fat you are actually making the area bigger by ADDING muscle? So shouldn't the only option for reducing losing more fat? Just confused.

If you are in a calorie deficit, no, you aren't making the area bigger because you aren't adding muscle. A calorie surplus is necessary for adding a noticeable amount of muscle.

You lift or resistance train to preserve lean body mass/muscle and you eat at a small deficit to shed fat.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Her gastrocnemius ends up high on the leg and her lower leg is very slim in my opinion.

I agree. I also have bigger calves and thighs than the OP, but my calves are more this shape.
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love your legs! Give them to me!
    I have scrawny, tiny chicken legs . I carry all my weight in my stomach.
    Id MUCH rather have all that belly meat sitting on my thighs instead.
    Thick thighs are sexy
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    OP, your legs are hawt. You should sit back and enjoy and bask in the admiration.

But seriously, I know what it's like to see your body differently than other people do. While you are the only one you need to please, sometimes you just have to accept that your own perspective might be slightly skewed from the wildly dissenting masses of people who disagree.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Most ladies who have thick legs, are just fat in my experience.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    (Haven't read the whole thread)
    Another thing to think about is the anatomy itself. Some people have a musculus gastrocnemius that ends high up on the lower leg, with a looong achilles tendon. I'm blessed (thanks dad) with a muscle that goes much closer to the heel and as a result the whole leg looks chunkier. Knitters know the conundrum of making socks to people who haven't tried on the sock in the making.

Mine are uneven with my right attaching lower than my left. ::shrug::
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I was using the "good girl/bad girl" machine; right behind the calf machine. I watched a girl doing calf raises...I was wondering, "why???" I have huge calves. Men stare at them all of the time...out of jealousy.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have always had bigger legs... As I lost weight they did get smaller but not small. thighs 19.5 calves 14. I am hoping with some more hard work my thighs will get more toned and I will turn more fat into muscle.. But I don't think they will get much smaller. I think it is part of my body shape..

I am working on tightening what I have. My new goal! Protein for muscle growth!
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Most ladies who have thick legs, are just fat in my experience.

Only if we skip leg day Bro.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have always had bigger legs... As I lost weight they did get smaller but not small. thighs 19.5 calves 14. I am hoping with some more hard work my thighs will get more toned and I will turn more fat into muscle.. But I don't think they will get much smaller. I think it is part of my body shape..

I am working on tightening what I have. My new goal! Protein for muscle growth!

19.5 thigh is really small on any one IMHO. :) I want yours. :)
  • Diamond_lucy
    Diamond_lucy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I shocked my friend once when I told her I didn't like wearing shorts much because I have 'cankles'! She was horrified. Laughing, I explained my calves go straight into my ankles, an inherited trait from my mum's side unfortunately. We all have something we don't like and often nobody notices until we point it out, most people are too busy with their own hang-ups so don't worry, be happy!