Weight Loss Help!

Options
I have been exercising and watching my calorie intake since the end of March and lost 19 lb. during that time. About a week ago my weight loss came to a halt despite exercising (a bit more intense) and still watching calories. What should I do to get it going again because now I am only maintaining my weight?

Replies

• PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Try eating less, sometimes try eating more. Change exercise routines. Or just stick it out to break through. Sometimes it takes a while, especially after the first month or two.
  • amakayg
    amakayg Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    well I know I can't eat any less because I'm only eating 1200 calories a day now but I am thinking of going up on the calorie intake. Thank you.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    The body loses weight in leaps and bounds. Congratulations on your loss so far! Keep up what you are doing and you will continue to see results. You may see nothing for two weeks, then bam, you'll see more gone.
  • annesoucy57
    Options
    did you recalculate your calorie daily goal on your actual weight or are you still at the amount when you started?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. You're not likely to lose every week, even if you do everything right. If it's only been a week since you last saw a drop on the scale then it's probably nothing to worry about. You mention that you exercised more intensely than usual this past week. Any increase in your exercise routine can cause the muscles to hold onto some extra fluid for repair, which looks like a stall or even a slight gain on the scale. The good news is that it's temporary and the scale should start to move in the right direction soon.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    well I know I can't eat any less because I'm only eating 1200 calories a day now but I am thinking of going up on the calorie intake. Thank you.

Try eating more. Focus less on eating less and more on eating better. What are your goals?
  • amakayg
    Options
    I did try to calculate it yesterday and myfitnesspal said I still need to stay at the calories I am at.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

No don't eat more. If you're not losing at 1200 you sure as hell won't lose eating more. Like the person stated above, weight loss is not linear. Stress and water retention can affect the scale. Your diary isn't open so I can't comment on if you are tracking properly, which can lead you think you are eating less than you actually are.
  • amakayg
    Options
    My calorie goals or my weight loss goals?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising and watching my calorie intake since the end of March and lost 19 lb. during that time. About a week ago my weight loss came to a halt despite exercising (a bit more intense) and still watching calories. What should I do to get it going again because now I am only maintaining my weight?

eat less.....or exercise more.
  • amakayg
    Options
    Thank you!
  • amakayg
    Options
    If I add my exercise to myfitnesspal should I eat the extra calories that is added to my food diary?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If I add my exercise to myfitnesspal should I eat the extra calories that is added to my food diary?

Yes, the site is designed for you to eat back the extra calories that you earn through exercise. With the caveat that this assumes you have an accurate estimate of both calories burned and calories consumed. MFP and gym machines may overestimate certain exercises, which is why a lot of people advocate eating more like 50-75% of those extra calories.
  • amakayg
    Options
    Thank you I think that may be one of my problems. I don't let myself have the extra calories that I have burned. I'm going to try that and see how it helps. I know a week isn't long but I'm going into week two and still haven't lost anymore.
  • herbaliz
    herbaliz Posts: 6
    Options
    Good Afternoon!

I would love to help you lose the weight. I am a weight loss coach and I use the product Herbalife. It is really easy to use. 2 meal replacement protein shakes a day, 1 meal, and healthy snacks in between. I help you every step of the way. You don't need to exercise but of coarse it will speed up your weight loss process. If your interested email me at: lizthuer (the sign at) hotmail.com

Thanks for your time,

Liz