Work outs

Options
Are morning workouts better than late night workouts?

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Personal preference. I do like to do morning workouts so I still have the rest of the day to do what I need.
  • 1ach
    1ach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well to be perfectly honest with u thats really a tough question for me to answer because i do both. I go to work early so on tuesday and thursday afternoon after work i go to my country club and work out with my trainer. And then on Saterday mornings i do a bootcamp. :flowerforyou: Im kind of new on here so if u would like to be friends u can send me a friend request. Have a great weekend.
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I prefer the morning (and by morning I mean before everyone else in my house is up and before I need to 'start' my day)
    I just dont seem to get it done otherways. Night time I'm already more alert and awake then the morning, so if I add exercise to it Im up ALL FREAKING NIGHT
  • JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I work out in the evenings. Mainly because I am too lazy in the morning and like to sleep in :yawn: But I find that I sleep really good after those nightly work outs!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I like morning workouts for my main activity because I don't always have time ag night but generally I work out in morning and evening.
  • BTesla
    BTesla Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm really tired in the morning too. But then I eat dinner which makes it harder to workout
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Whenever and wherever I can fit them in. Somedays that means a 5am workout, somedays that's a 10pm workout, or anything in between.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like evening workouts. Or I used to. I haven't done one in a while, now that I have access to a gym with childcare. But I think there is no "better" or "worse", over all. Some people get too pumped to sleep. Some, like me, sleep like a rock after the exertion.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    It really depends on when you'll actually do it. Most of my workouts are fitness classes, and they're only offered in the evenings, so I take those. Since they're group activities, and I paid for them, it's easy for me to be motivated to go. However, on days I DON'T have classes, I find that if I don't work out in the morning, I'll keep finding excuses and procrastinating until I end up just not working out that day. Do whatever fits best into your schedule, and that you'll actually DO rather than ignoring :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Are morning workouts better than late night workouts?

The best workout is the one you will stick with.

I hate working out in the mornings, so I almost always workout at night.