Hanging my head in shame!

Options
2»

Replies

• aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would probably eat a light dinner and do better tomorrow.

This ^
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Eat, eat, eat! I struggle to eat every day! How can you worry, unless you are eating processed ****!
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Nothing to hang your head in shame for, we all have setbacks, but tomorrow is a new day. Walk a little more, do a few more situps or couple of more reps of what you do and keep looking forward. We are human and we will have a day every now and then that's not so great but tomorrow we will do better. Hang in there you have done great!! You will get to your goal.:smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    10 pounds to GW and you're intentionally eating less than 1200 daily?

I'd be more concerned about that than if you decide whether or not to have dinner on one particular day.

ETA:
    I will feel like I am cheating :(

You also need to work on this. This isn't a food issue, it's a mental/emotional issue. Meet this head on before it later becomes a more serious problem.

Thank you for the concern but, I promise I do not have a eating disorder or anything like that! I am just having a little trouble dealing with the fact that I always was able to eat what I wanted, when I wanted, never exercise but I was/am very active & never gained weight much even when I was a prego until I hit 37 & boy did all that change.... I know I sound like a little whinny spoiled brat. LOL!!!

To be clear, I never said you had an eating disorder. That's a very specific diagnosis. However, the comments you've made about food lead me to believe that you have a mental/emotional issue with eating that needs to be addressed/overcome.

Just something to consider.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    When I was cutting weight I used to eat lots of pickles! Get the sodium free ones and they're zero calories. They fill you up. Also I'd eat mushrooms. Another super low cal,food just to stave off hunger. I lost weight fast.

Holy sh*tballs!!! How am I just hearing of sodium free pickles?!?! I eat pickles all the time for snacking, but I never knew sodium-free ones existed. Off to the supermarket tomorrow to search for these elusive little devils...
  • EquineWild
    EquineWild Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other members.
    Eat a light dinner and then get back on track tomorrow. No need to starve yourself.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    When I was cutting weight I used to eat lots of pickles! Get the sodium free ones and they're zero calories. They fill you up. Also I'd eat mushrooms. Another super low cal,food just to stave off hunger. I lost weight fast.

While not a significant source of calories, no pickle will actually be zero calories. This is a rounding trick. Cucumbers have calories, therefore, pickles have calories.

/nitpick
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options

While not a significant source of calories, no pickle will actually be zero calories. This is a rounding trick. Cucumbers have calories, therefore, pickles have calories.

/nitpick

Heisenberg, I agree that pickles aren't actually zero calories. I like the mini dills and log them at about 3 calories a piece just to be safe. However, I think that they are sooo low calorie that even if you log them at zero calories it wouldn't make a difference since one's calculation of TDEE could be off the same amount anyway.

LOVE your profile pic!!!!!
  • tlb1175
    tlb1175 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    10 pounds to GW and you're intentionally eating less than 1200 daily?

I'd be more concerned about that than if you decide whether or not to have dinner on one particular day.

ETA:
    I will feel like I am cheating :(

You also need to work on this. This isn't a food issue, it's a mental/emotional issue. Meet this head on before it later becomes a more serious problem.

Thank you for the concern but, I promise I do not have a eating disorder or anything like that! I am just having a little trouble dealing with the fact that I always was able to eat what I wanted, when I wanted, never exercise but I was/am very active & never gained weight much even when I was a prego until I hit 37 & boy did all that change.... I know I sound like a little whinny spoiled brat. LOL!!!

To be clear, I never said you had an eating disorder. That's a very specific diagnosis. However, the comments you've made about food lead me to believe that you have a mental/emotional issue with eating that needs to be addressed/overcome.

Just something to consider.

Well, you could absolutely be right about that but, at some point isn't food whether it be overeating, under eating, or doing a healthy diet, or like what I am trying to do, a life style change, it is all mental/emotional at some point with everyone. No offense taken!!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said, have a sensible dinner and move on tomorrow :)

This is really just a bump to save that tdee link tho :blushing: