I am new to my fitness pal and would like to hear tips

Options
:smooched:

Replies

• rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    be honest with tracking your food and exercise. It will work. I have not other tips, but to read the community forums....there is plenty there.

Good luck!
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    I agree with @rsonthelake BE HONEST when logging. it's the only way that MFP will work. Other than that, enjoy all of the cool and fun people on the site and browse public food diaries for tips and tricks on staying under your calories.

Good Luck.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    For me, it was a big help to not think about trying to lose 45 lbs. That was too big a task and one better started tomorrow or the day after. I liked focusing on today. On eating my calories for today and trying to stay under goal. That seemed small and easy enough to do. And, some days, I went over. But, you just dust yourself off and move on to the next day.

I have learned a lot about the food that I have always eaten just through the act of logging what I eat. Some things I thought were "ok" turned out to be terrible. Don't get me started on the little bran muffins at Jason's Deli.

So, my tip, is to focus on what you need to do today and let the long-term stuff work itself out. And, don't beat yourself up for days where you go over. Just keep plugging away and you will find that there will be fewer surprises the more you learn about your food.

Best of luck!!!

--Carter
  • Lcole183
    Options
    Hello everyone, today is my first day here. I would like to hear tips . Thank you Laura
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the being honest with yourself and actually logging what you've ate. I didn't want to log my crappy eating day today, but I did anyways. I find the Success Story forum really inspiring, so I'd stop by there if I were you to check out their stories. Great motivation! Good luck! :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thank-you! That was so inspiring. I do well until night then I snack too much.I'll take your advise to heart.:glasses: