Meal planning: he wants to gain, I want to lose

Options
Anyone have experience in planning meals when you're married to someone who wants to,gain weight while you want to lose?

Replies

• missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It's not as easy as giving him your food?
  • whitney8654
    Options
    That's kinda what I was thinking. Giving him more, and taking less. But I eat a lot of high fiber, low calorie options, and he doesn't want to just eat a bunch of high calorie junk that I just make on the side?

I feel like I need to be creative. I guess it's just as simple as me giving him more food.

I need ideas for healthy, high calorie options that I can feed him.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    you could carb options to his and have less of the carb option on your and more vegetables..... that kind of thing x
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    you could carb options to his and have less of the carb option on your and more vegetables..... that kind of thing x

That's what I was thinking. Make noodles, rice or potatoes with the meal for him to eat. You stick with meat and veggies.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When I cook a meal at home (I am watching what I eat but the two men aren't) I make a meal, eat the protien and veggies they eat the same with bigger portions and usually add a starchy carb to it.

I sometimes eat the starchy carb but eh not my fav food.

As for your low calorie options for example veggies...he can add butter...if it's a potato he can add cheese, bacon, sour cream and butter...

There are lots of things he can do to add calories that aren't "junk"
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    does he like dessert? Milkshakes? Peanut butter etc
  • janjangoodeats
    janjangoodeats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, Whitney.

My husband, while not actively looking to gain weight, needs to consume a lot more calories than I do and has a very fast metabolism. He's 6'3'' and maybe 160, while I'm 5'5'' and 140.

We eat the same food, but very different portion sizes. I measure and weigh, he piles the food onto his plate.
    He snacks often during the day. So do I, but less often and again, very different portions.
    I have accepted that we are two very different animals. He needs a lot of calories, I don't. Once I stopped envying his metabolism, watching him be able to eat whatever he wants got a lot easier.

Good luck to you both!
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Cook meals and devide it in 4 portions. You can have 1 while he has 3.