Whats Your Fave. Health Foods?

Options
I thought maybe it would be nice for everyone to share their fave. healthy foods, or foods that help you survive the day to day life change diet :tongue:

Mine are.......

South Beach Living Snack Pack Delights Dark Chocolate Covered Soynuts (100 cal, 2g fiber) per serving, super yummy

Hershey's Sticks (60 cal) (im a chocoholic, both these are good for those cravings)

Fiber One Caramel Delight and Honey Clusters Cereals

Peppridge Farms Light Soft Wheat Bread (130 cal for 3 slices)

Turkey and Chicken, can't live w/o

All Brans Garlic Herb Crackers (120cal and 5g fiber per serving) super yummy

Grapes and Melons

Splenda

Lean Cuisine (esp. BBQ Chicken Pizza)

Healthy Choices General Tso Chicken

Baked! Chips

oh there are are many others,

Replies

• ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I thought maybe it would be nice for everyone to share their fave. healthy foods, or foods that help you survive the day to day life change diet :tongue:

Mine are.......

South Beach Living Snack Pack Delights Dark Chocolate Covered Soynuts (100 cal, 2g fiber) per serving, super yummy

Hershey's Sticks (60 cal) (im a chocoholic, both these are good for those cravings)

Fiber One Caramel Delight and Honey Clusters Cereals

Peppridge Farms Light Soft Wheat Bread (130 cal for 3 slices)

Turkey and Chicken, can't live w/o

All Brans Garlic Herb Crackers (120cal and 5g fiber per serving) super yummy

Grapes and Melons

Splenda

Lean Cuisine (esp. BBQ Chicken Pizza)

Healthy Choices General Tso Chicken

Baked! Chips

oh there are are many others,
  • back2beingme
    Options
    You've got a lot of my favorites in there, but I think my number one would have to be...ice cold WATER!! It hleps me a lot. Another helpful "snack" is gum...long lasting flavor and oly about 5 calories!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    As far as sweets go, the new Hershey's snacksters are pretty good- both the chocolate and the reese's. The taste is off a little bit, but still pretty good for a sweet tooth. Other things I can't do without are my Nature Valley Bars, Healthy Choice dinners, and pickles. I don't like pickles all that much, but they sure make a good "filler."
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I love the Healthy Choice Sweet and Sour Chicken.

Yoplait light fat free yogurts especially the Boston Cream Pie. YUMMY!!

Those "on the go" type flavorings you add to water.

Albertson's Bite size Frosted Shredded Wheat maple and brown sugar flavor. (What a find! Per 1 cup serving: 190 calories, 1 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 180 mg potassium, total carbs 46 g, dietary fiber 6 g., sugars 11 g, protein 5 g, plus 90% iron. Of course adding 1/2 cup skim milk is going to change those statistics somewhat.)

Grapes

100 calorie snacks

Home made fresh fruit smoothies.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Faves include black bean salsa, black-eyed pea salad, fiber one's apple streusel bar and caramel delight cereal, and fresh fruit salads. All are filling and stick to the ribs also! YUM!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Home made fruit only smoothie.

Usually a banana plus
    frozen pineapple pieces
    frozen mango pieces

often some berries

If I must dilute it a bit I usually use soy or rice milk, but very minimal. I like it to be very thick like soft serve ice cream.

It is the ONLY way I can get my son to eat fruit.:laugh:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I love most fruit and those bite size rice cakes. Either chocolate or caramel
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My favorite healthy foods that help me through the day:

Blueberries or Strawberries with Fat Free Cottage cheese: high in protien, fiber and anti-oxidants, naturally sweet and extremely low calorie.

Tomato and cucumber salad: my neighbors grow their own and have been passing them over the fence lately. You can not beat home grown tomatos.

Eggs: especially omeletes. Extremely filling, and so EASY.

Baby carrots: they satisfy my need to crunch. I love dipping them in hummus.

Kraft Sugar Free Pudding snacks: they only have 45 calories and I pack them with lunch. Makes me feel like a kid again to have pudding with my lunch.

ANd an Add on....

Crystal light individual packs: I have to admit, water just gets boring.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    watermelon....mmmm

crunchy red grapes, love them in salads w/ a little Gorgonzola cheese and balsamic vinegar...mmmm

fugi apples, the best, sweetest crunchy apples, w/ a bit of natural peanut or sesame seed butter mmmm really a treat!

blueberries, non fat vanilla yogurt and ground flax seed

cut up yellow and orange peppers w/ creamy salsa dip...if ya'll have not tried this yet...OMG the best 35 cals per two tbsp and its got a tiny bite..its like a dip but its also salsa...pure heaven! Tostitos makes it

Thomas lite multi grain english muffin (100 cals and 8 gms of fiber) w/ a big ripe tomato slice, fresh mozzarella slice and a bit of basil and balsamic broiled...like mini gormet pizzas

spinach hummus w/ baby carrots or low fat triscuits

hoods fat free frozen yogurt in blueberries and cream...sooooo yummy!

mmm I'm hungry! lol

you all gave me some good new foods to try too..thanks!
    hugs,
    Ali
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Mango salsa on nearly anything. MMMMMM

Tuna Tacos

Smoothies

Chocolate silk or almond milk

Avocadoes

Beets

Snap peas mmmmm
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on the granny's mock ice cream sanwiches already!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Luna bars, bison meat, hummus, spinach salads, eggs... yum!
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Has to be: fat free sour cream
    extra chunky salsa
    pretzels

my favortie snack of all time!:love:
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    THE SKINNY COW ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. These little buggers are saving my life and curbing my sweet tooth at only 140 calories/ sandwich!

Oreo 100-calorie packs. Again, another serious weakness of mine. I get the taste without the calories.

And I'm definitely going to have to add a cold glass of ice water to this list, because it keeps me from reaching for sugar-and-calorie-laden drinks.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    THE SKINNY COW ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. These little buggers are saving my life and curbing my sweet tooth at only 140 calories/ sandwich!

Oreo 100-calorie packs. Again, another serious weakness of mine. I get the taste without the calories.

And I'm definitely going to have to add a cold glass of ice water to this list, because it keeps me from reaching for sugar-and-calorie-laden drinks.

I'm with you on the Skinny Cow's --they are sooooo good.

Let's see,

Hummas, watermelon already cut up in the fridge, celery & carrots, chocolate drizzle mini-rice cake 90 calorie snack packs, Egg beaters, fat free cheeses, and Laughing cow wedges (35 calories a wedge), turkey bacon and turkey sausage, and Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread ( 50 calories per slice), and I Can't Beleive IT's NOT Butter-spray

oh and I just found sugar free Log Cabin syrup.....yummy! and only 35 calories per 1/ 4 cup.----Whole wheat french toast made with egg beaters ----so so good!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on the granny's mock ice cream sanwiches already!

Oh man!! I just got back from the store and I meant to get some graham crackers so I could make those and I forgot! I'll have to try to remember to pick some up tomorrow. Can't wait to try those.