Here I am again with another weakness....

Options
So i have been doing fantastic all week with this site helping me along, and doing the excersise. Even did well at my last day of work last night with the going away part ( I did have to bakery cookies and they were damn good!) but I didnt jsut keep eating and eating like I normaly would have. Today I went out for breakfast at the local perkins ( egg beaters omlette with no cheese and no meat, wheat toast with no butter, and fruit instead of the hasbrowns... i love hasbrowns...) I was very proud of my accomplishment! So tonight when we were at the Sister In laws for supper, and she had the left over christmas carmels sitting out, I just could not resist.... and I just wanted more and more... I settled for four, but how do I curb the resistant? I was so discuraged at myself... what a waste... but they were SO good....

~Chubby Bunny

Replies

• EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you stop your self from eating every thing that you like you won't stick with the diet, you did well just have one or two. You don't need to stop eating all the stuff you like just limit it. I think that you did really well with only eating 4 :happy:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    4 seems fine at least you stopped...and didnt go to the candy shop to get more
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    What is that old saying that perfection is the enemy of the good. Something like that. Give yourself a break, log the calories, and move on. I had 4 slice-and-bake cookies yesterday, which I didn't even really like, but today is a new day!!!

I did find this very funny tool on www.polarpersonaltrainer.com that takes any food item and tells you how much time you have to do whatever exercize in order to burn the calories. I find it amusing to see that I have to do 71 minutes of mild canooing to burn off 4 slice-and-bake sugar cookies. This is good to know if I am ever in a canoo with a bag of cookies.

--Carter
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I can order healthy off of the menu but put temptations in front me and I just can't refuse to take a few bites. It's really hard. In fact it doesn't even bother me if it's in my house. But visitin other ppl or @ work now that's a different story.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I agree with eagle. I have a horrible sweet tooth. Yesterday I had been craving my Dulce de Leche Ice cream sooooooo bad. So I made sure I kept my calorie and fat count way down so I could enjoy a cup before bed. I only had 1 cup. It was enough to satisfy my craving. I also keep the sweets at my man's house so they are readily available for me. No sweets in the house helps me alot. I do have bite sized butterfinger Jingles left over from Christmas and I'll treat myself to one of those if I haven't gone over my intake. So I think you did well and just next time instead of 4 have 2. Take tiny bites and savor it. LOL
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    4 is great. For me I wouldn't have stopped until 15 or so.
  • mrmade
    mrmade Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Everyone does that. They say you have to cheat once in a while. But just make sure you bounce back and get on track.

You did good.

Maybe next time you see a treat on the table. When they are not looking move it to a different area that you can not see.

Good luck.

Mrmade:smile:
  • wocm15
    wocm15 Posts: 81
    Options
    I find it amusing to see that I have to do 71 minutes of mild canooing to burn off 4 slice-and-bake sugar cookies. This is good to know if I am ever in a canoo with a bag of cookies.

--Carter

Haha... that gave me a much needed laugh!!!
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. After I posted I worked out for a half hour. I love my xbox Kinect... way better then going to the gym. The biggest Loser Work out is fantastic.
  • ing3nu
    ing3nu Posts: 1
    Options
    Something I find helpful (I have a tendency to hit the same sort of "omg-can't stop" frame with certain foods) is to kill the craving with an opposite. So, for example, I was having a similar event with the little Almond Roca toffees at a party. Once I recognised it, I went and had a couple of roasted almonds (salty to counter the sweet) and it killed the craving immediately. I find this also works the other way, I have a weakness for those wasabi/soy roasted almonds. If I find myself getting up to steam with those, I find just one MnM, or a bite of apple will kill the craving.

The advice you've gotten here already is fabulous :) Log it and move forward. Don't let one bad day set you back to square one!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I think you did good to stop at 4. Better than I woulda done I'm sure. But, looking at the Perkins meal, maybe they were so tempting because you didn't eat enough before. Just a thought, but fake eggs and toast, w/ fruit doesn't sound too filling. I woulda added some ham and cheese to the omlet to up the protein. Keeps you fuller way longer. Again, just a thought.