Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Tea/Supper...?

Options
jtm4210
jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
Just curious really. I've always had breakfast, lunch and dinner as my three main meals. To me, tea is something that happens around 4pm and involves a teapot, cake stand and finger sandwiches. I've also occasionally had supper, which to me is an easy late evening meal (leftovers, sandwiches etc) after a long busy day when there hasn't been time to prepare a "proper" dinner.

Having recently moved to Norfolk, I've noticed that most people around here have breakfast, dinner (lunch) and tea (dinner), which has rather confused my tired brain! Is it just a Norfolk thing or have I been missing something all these years?!

Replies

• nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I was a lad, it was always breakfast, dinner and tea.

As I got older, somehow it changed to breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Inside, I still think breakfast, dinner and tea.

Essex born.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    breakfast, dinner, supper here...it even said that on my expense account report at work.

I grew up with breakfast, lunch, supper.

as long as the day ends with cocktails, who cares :drinker:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, dinner, tea where I grew up in Stoke

Breakfast, lunch, dinner now in Australia
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    I don't label them anymore. I call it time to eat. Lol.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I grew up with breakfast, lunch and dinner. My grandfather tried to convince us a few times to call it breakfast, dinner and supper, but that didn't stick. I don't think very many people do tea time in Indiana.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, dinner (mid day) and tea (evening) for me too (west midlands)... and super (later in the evening)
  • MrGumbOoO
    MrGumbOoO Posts: 10
    Options
    As a kid in Northampton it was Breakfast, Dinner and Tea.
    As an adult in South Yorkshire it's become Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Supper.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Where I grew up, dinner was always the biggest meal of the day. So at my grandma's it was breakfast, dinner, supper and at home it was breakfast, lunch, dinner.
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Brekkers, Elevenses, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner, Supper.