Ovenless chicken breast recipes?

Options
ainokea8
ainokea8 Posts: 95
Does anyone know any healthy, delicious recipes which involve no oven?

Replies

• AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Frying pan. Chicken. Dump salsa on top. Fry til cooked.... My kids call it pizza chicken (idky) and the whole family loves it. You can shred some cheese on top too for extra yumminess

I also will fry it in a bit of olive oil til amost cooked through then add mushrooms and onions (and sometimes crumbled bacon) add a splash of balsamic vinager to finish.

Actually virtually all chicken breast I cook is in a frying pan (and will toss in random veggies and sometimes chickpeas) or on the bbq
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you have a crockpot you can make darn near anything with chicken! Chicken and salsa, or veggies, or orange juice and sesame seeds or cream and mushrooms or chicken tacos... its pretty much an add-random-crap-and-come-back-a-few-hours-later miracle!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You can grill them on the BBQ as well. Get a basting brush and whatever bbq sauce you want, and you can brush a light coating on the chicken and not have a lot of calories. :)
  • Dragonborn79
    Dragonborn79 Posts: 161
    Options
    Fajitas!

Slice up your chicken. Throw a little olive or coconut oil in a hot pan (preferably cast iron). Make sure that heat is on high, then throw in the chicken. When the chicken is just about cooked, throw in some sliced onions and bell peppers. You can also add some diced jalapeno and/or garlic. Chopped tomatoes are good too. Add those once everything else is pretty much cooked. If you have spices laying around you can season it with a little salt, cumin, garlic, powder, onion powder, or chili powder. Totally optional.

You can have it in tortillas, or if I can't afford the carbs, I just eat it in a bowl.

Top with your favorite hot sauce, salsa, Greek yogurt or sour cream if you want.

As good as any Mexican Restaurant and usually WAY less greasy.
  • w_eising
    w_eising Posts: 7
    Options
    Poach it !!
    1) Bring liquid ( water, Chicken stalk) to boil. 2) Remove pot from heat. 3) Place chicken breast in hot liquid, cover and wait 20 - 25 min.

Boiling your chicken will leave the meat rubbery and dry. Poaching will keep the meat tender and moist. I even put some BBQ sauce on after and broil it in the oven to give it that baked effect.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Grill and seasonings. medium heat about 7-8 minutes per side.
  • tltadkins
    tltadkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always use an electric skillet for b/s chicken breasts.
    Season chicken breasts with your choice of seasonings.
    Spray pam or use a little olive or coconut oil in electric skillet.
    Heat skillet to 350 degrees.
    Add chicken breasts. Slightly brown the one side, then flip.
    Turn the heat down to 275 degrees. Cover. Cook 10 minutes. (NO PEEKING)
    Turn off electric skillet--KEEPING THE LID ON- Let sit for 10 more minutes. then eat

A good basic seasoning is salt, pepper, garlic powder (or I prefer fresh garlic- pressed), brown sugar.

(This method is also great with Salmon, except cook for 5 minutes instead of 10.)
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Frying pan. Chicken. Dump salsa on top. Fry til cooked.... My kids call it pizza chicken (idky) and the whole family loves it. You can shred some cheese on top too for extra yumminess
    Rub some taco seasoning on it before you dump the salsa in. Thank me later! :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Italian Herb Chicken breast

in a skillet:
    1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, add 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp Mrs. dash onion & Herb, and 1 tsp black pepper. Blend spices through the oil with a fork or whisk.
    Turn on heat Medium temp, add chicken breast (2-4 breast, depending on how many your cooking for) cover skillet and flip every 5 minutes for a total of 20 minutes. Done!

Quick, easy, and very yummy! I just made my grilled chicken this way for my in-laws and they loved it!
  • Linda_wright75
    Linda_wright75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Do you have a steamer? I always steam my chicken.

chicken
    thyme
    garlic powder
    onion flakes

But any spices would work.

It is my go to for chicken!

Good luck