Plus size Workout bra

Options
2»

Replies

• mellissacase
    Options
    Thank you hadn't thought of bravissimo, think I might buy one from them. They have sports bras up to J size and are very reasonable in price!

Thanks again!
  • trixiekitten
    trixiekitten Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate to this... I'm a 34H. I can't even find a regular bra in my size, let alone a sports bra. In my endless search though, I have found a couple bras that are superior for controlling bounce and providing support for high impact sports activities like jogging/running.

Enell: For a while, this was pretty much the only style I could find that did the trick. While it is a great bra, I found it to be extremely constricting and hot. It's a pain to hook up too. It pretty much works by compressing your entire chest and smushing the girls down. I live in Arizona so keeping cool and wicking away sweat is a factor for me. This bra fits like a vest and the material isn't the best for keeping dry. I usually ended up very tender, red & sore between my breasts but learned to live with it since there weren't any better alternatives... Until the Elomi & Freya came along....

Here are 2 others that are worth checking out, especially good if you have a smaller ribcage/band size relative to your breast size/cup size.

My Holy Grail: ELOMI ENERGISE UNDERWIRE SPORTS BRA (style 8040)- it is excellent at keeping your girls stationary as well as keeping them lifted and SEPARATED. I no longer have to stick a towel or washcloth in between my breasts to keep them comfortable. It doesn't give you the dreaded "uni-boob" effect and doesn't flatten you out. It's easy to put on & take off as well... I HIGHLY recommend this one

Runner Up: FREYA UNDERWIRE SPORTS BRA, style 4392/4002 (these are identical but the 4392's are fashion colors and the 4002's are the basic colors (white, black, nude, I think)

All of these styles are available at www.herroom.com . And yes, they are pricey ($60) but are worth the investment. Just like shoes..... and worth every penny
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    i double up. i wear a sports bra. and then a regular bra over top. ;)
  • zumbaholic
    zumbaholic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can find some plus-sized work out bras on walmart online that you can't find in the store. Not sure how much plus size you need but I found some 44 D and 44DD bra's that were only available online. Check it out!
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I keeps my 38DDD girls in place, and isn't too tight for me to breathe!
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can bra's in the UK for 36G, I have tried the usual places but they don't do the larger sizes!

I just bought a 36G at Marks & Spencer - I like their "high impact" sports bras. Normally I wear an 38F, but when I saw the 36G I thought I'd try it.
  • sgeorgia
    sgeorgia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch and hands down ENELL is the best - it literally changed my life because i can now run, jump or whatever and never even think about the bounce issue anymore. It's not cheap but will last.
    good luck
  • LeahAnn87
    Options
    I'm a 34H, and would highly recommend Bravissimo (bravissimo.com). A little pricier than just going to walmart, but totally worth it for bras that actually fit and shape well. Just ordered another sports bra from there, and I can not wait for it to get here!
  • pmoore1225
    Options
    yesssssss!! Finally people who understand.. and people wonder why women with big ta-tas dont run.. Try explaining this theory to your husband.. lol. I finally finally found one made by Avia that is pretty good. Buttttt.... I bought it at Ross for $7.99 they are amazing.. I did find that I have to wear 2 tho. So I will test it out first thing in the morning at the gym! BTW it's very comfortable, we all know how uncomfortable the straps can be. but this is one is pretty good so far.

Good luck!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just posted the following on another bra question (I'm a 40DDD) :
    OOOHHH!!! I found the best bra! It is by Moving Comfort and it is called Fiona. I found it on Amazon after doing tons of reading up. I love it. The girls don't go anywhere! I tried the layering bra thing and that worked okay, but really you have to go professional reinforcements when you have big girls! I think it was a little under $40, which I hate paying for a bra but it was totally worth it.

I LOVE Moving Comfort bras. You can go to their main website and put your measurements in and they'll make a suggestions as to which bra would be fit your girls. A friend of mine who is a DDD found her perfect fit on Moving Comfort and now finds the bras at a lower cost through amazon.
  • dayh1ker
    dayh1ker Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump.