How Long Did It Take To Lose 100 Pounds?

2»

Replies

• SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    I'm getting close to the 100 pound mark and I've been on here for about 245 days, I started a bit more that. So, roughly 10-11 months it seems like it will be. Hoping to be at the 100 pound mark by Christmas, if not then, New Years for sure. ONEderland (199.9 lbs) by about Mid Jan at my next doctors appointment would be fantastic!

I've mostly been at 2 lbs per weeks until recently. Once it dropped me to 1200 calories I fizzled with energy and such, so I moved it back to 1.5 lbs a week and feel quite a bit better. I'll likely slow it down to 1 per week for a while after the first of the year, and see how things go from there.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    I've been doing this since June 2011, and have lost 106 pounds. I'm not setting any land records, but I'm not competing wtih anyone either. :)
  • MizManda180
    MizManda180 Posts: 68 Member
    Congrats to all of you on your weight loss. I can't wait to be there and say I lost 100 pounds!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Its taken me 8 months to lose 50lb :sick:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    It took me a little over a year to lose 60lbs.
  • In August '07, I was 419. In August '09, I was 315. Comes out to about a pound a week.

I had about a 90# loss in the '80's, when I was in my 30's that came off in less than a year. Now, at 60, it does not come off near as quickly.

At least for me.

Rapid weight loss CAN be unhealthy, and in more cases than not, it tends to come back. Rather than focusing on the weight, pay more attention to the right foods in the proper amounts. Your body will respond in a gradual loss, and your mind will adjust to eating more sensibly. (this, coming from a guy who still gobbles ramen like there's no tomorrow)

jonesey65244
  • Took Me 3 Months To Lose 100 Pounds With Intermittent Fasting . Stick To It. Work Hard, Eat Right, Keep Focused! Good Luck.
  • It's taken me 14months to lose 101lbs. It was quick at first, I lost 56lbs in the first 4 mo but then I plateaued. My body got used to what I was doing, I stopped using my fitness pal and I stopped weighing in. Gained back about 10lbs during that time. Got serious again at the end of August and lost the additional 45lbs since then. I'm trying to lose another 40lbs by next summer. When I was younger I lost 90lbs in one summer and gained it right back too. I've learned the best way is slow and steady :flowerforyou:
  • I keep extensively yo-yo dieting. It is so discouraging. Congratz to everyones successful ventures. Hopefully this game will help! I have 4 kids, am nursing my last still. I have lost 17-11 lb but that is as far as I ever get. I am my own worse enemy!
  • I lost around 50-60 lbs in last 2.5 months. 50 more to go. I've been using Roca Labs advanced formula. It wasn't easy and still it isn't but worth the result. :)
  • It took me 5 months to lose 100 lbs. Lots of protein drinks and grilled chicken. Oh ya and lots of Exercise !!!!!!!
  • aleahcim1
    aleahcim1 Posts: 3 Member
    how did you do this?
  • ndwildbill
    ndwildbill Posts: 74 Member
    It took me about 9 months. Eating better, and more exercise. Always staying under my calorie allotment for the day.