Resistance Bands!

Options
I bought Bodylastics resistance bands this month and have been intermittently strength-training with them. They make me feel great and they are a lot more versatile than free weights. (Not to mention a helluva lot cheaper!)

What are your opinions on resistance bands? And what are your favorite resistance band workouts?

Replies

• kvdlc
    kvdlc Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a some and I really like them! I started using them when I did a class at the gym I went to!!! No, I started using them at home when I can not make to the gym.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    They are very handy to take on trips.
  • all4rescue
    all4rescue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I bought Bodylastics resistance bands this month and have been intermittently strength-training with them. They make me feel great and they are a lot more versatile than free weights. (Not to mention a helluva lot cheaper!)

What are your opinions on resistance bands? And what are your favorite resistance band workouts?

I have some bands yet but don't have a work out to go with them what have you been doing with them?
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I have some bands yet but don't have a work out to go with them what have you been doing with them?

Tricep workouts! Pull downs, etc
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I bought some a couple of days ago and am still trying to figure out how they work. There are tons of exercises on the bodylastics website and on the liveexercise.com site. I worked out twice with them and my arms were mushy after the workout. So far great!
    Stef.
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Go to this website: http://www.thera-bandacademy.com/default.aspx
    They have heaps of exercises you can do for thera-bands and other equipment.
  • Everyotherday
    Everyotherday Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I use to use them when I played football. Great for stretching hamstrings and other tendons. I recommend them immensely.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    They're decent as a warmup tool, but I find that when I switch to a band that has heavy enough tension to actually challenge my strength, all it does is make the movement itself awkward and make me feel a weird pressure on the joints.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i'm a huge fan of bodylastics - i haven't used another brand that worked as well for me. i bought the ultra anchor, which made my workouts more versatile than just using door anchors, but it looks like my door is in bondage :D

http://us.bodylastics.com/product/ultraanchor/

i also use spri ultra toner bands for some stuff - i like the rubber on them better than other brands.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Go to this website: http://www.thera-bandacademy.com/default.aspx
    They have heaps of exercises you can do for thera-bands and other equipment.

I got to try this website, so bump.
  • azymth99
    azymth99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I uses them almost exclusively for strength training. After back surgery the Dr. said weight lifting was a no-no, so I had to switch to resistance bands. There are a lot of combo-excercises that you can use them for and simultaneously work several muscles at once. You won't see the size gains that would get from free weight training, but they are good for "cutting up."

I tend to do 2 sets of 30 reps and overlap training days so that I'm working my chest twice a week, back twice a week, etc. There are a lot of things you can do with bands that you can't do with weights. I think they're great.
  • Charliecatesq
    Charliecatesq Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello, i live in a flat and cannot afford to weight train in the gym and was recommended these bands, will they help firm and tone? I'd love to be lifting heavy but this seems like a compromise for now?