NSV: I've transformed into a runner

Options
I started running in January, and it took me 20+ minutes to run/walk a mile. I stuck with it and now this is what my last week looked like:

Monday: Ran 2 miles (18 min)
Tuesday: Ran 3 miles (35 min)
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Ran 3 miles (32 min)
Friday: Ran 1 mile (13 min)
Saturday: Ran 3 miles (31 min)

I'm not the fastest, but I see improvements every week and now I can't get enough of it!

Replies

• mikegerber1
    mikegerber1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Always having a weight problem, I've never been a runner, my walking is getting a lot faster and I'm realizing if I'm going to keep my weight loss going, I have to keep raising the bar on my exercise. Recently I've started jogging the curves on my walks, and I'm surprised that it actually feels ok, and I didn't die! I'm looking forward to continuing with what I'm doing and maybe for the first time in my life I can actually see a point where I might be able to at least jog for the entire time!
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Did you start with a c25k, or just got out there and did it?

Great improvements!
  • ReluctantDieter88
    ReluctantDieter88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just got out there and did it! I don't like feeling like I'm on a schedule because it makes working out feel like a chore, so I just run when I feel like running.
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just got out there and did it! I don't like feeling like I'm on a schedule because it makes working out feel like a chore, so I just run when I feel like running.

Well done!
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Hey me too! I find myself thinking about when I have time to go out and run again. :) Lately, I've been running around a nearby park 2 miles away and I discovered a cool hidden mini hiking trail!! I developed a love for exploring my neighborhood all of a sudden. lol