Have over 50lb to lose and need motivation

Options
Misslove36
Misslove36 Posts: 89 Member
I am new to this, I have over 50lb to lose and need motivating, I really want to do this but am scared I'll fail again

Replies

• sharonpink
    sharonpink Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have 133 to lose to goal. It seems like a daunting exercise in futility doesn't it. But I still haven't given up hope and nor should you. I have taken baby steps, but starting to go back to eat like I did as a child when I lived on a farm. Lots of fresh fruits and veges and cutting out the processed stuff. It takes a little planning, but if you get the stuff in your house and pre-portion it, its very doable. Keep in touch and add me as a friend and we'll do this together. You''ll get there before me :)
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared! Think of how awesome you'll look after. Start to LOVE your body, while imagining it exactly how you want it.

When you don't feel like exercising, push yourself to do it... Tell the little devil on your shoulder to screw off and get it done! You will feel AMAZING after. Let that motivate you as you go along.

With food, it's a little more tricky, but YOU CAN DO IT! One thing I started doing myself is eating at fixed times. That way I would not overeat.

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You have to realize that the only person stopping you from reaching your goal is yourself. Take this from a fellow beginner.
  • SnatchPosse
    SnatchPosse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am new to this, I have over 50lb to lose and need motivating, I really want to do this but am scared I'll fail again
    I'm just starting too and have a similar amount to lose. I think my previous attempts to lose it have failed because I never really believed I would get there. Now I'm on the right track again and it's because of the people and success stories on this site that I really do believe I'll get there this time. Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • amtrxangel
    amtrxangel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand exactly how you feel because I had the same fears at first. I have only been doing this for two weeks and managed to lose 6 lbs. If you fail one week who cares it happens, you own up, pick up, and keep going. It takes a long time to loose weight, in a healthy way. Set yourself mini weekly goals of losing 1-2 lbs a week. You'll see, in no time, you will get right into a good habit. Having a support group like myfitnesspal is great, and a good positive motivator, especially knowing you are not alone.

66259706.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    [quote
    [/quote]

you will fail.... and fail many times!!!! the struggle is getting back up after every fall. it may take a few tries, it may take 50 but you gotta keep going. ONE DAY at a time.

If I never started because I was SCARED- I would still be 358 lbs. its been 5 years and im still not at goal and It should have never taken this long but I keep failing and starting over.... hoping one of these it will STICK for good.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    just keep motivated, remember not to restrict foods you like since this can lead to binges
    Also dont panic when you have a bad day, we are human :)
    goodluck!
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have 48 pounds to lose to get to goal. One thing that's helped me: don't let a couple bad days ruin your month. Just keep on going, eat within your calories, find exercise you enjoy and do that =) You can do this! It'll take awhile but time will pass whether you're getting healthier or not. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I reckon if I can do it at age 58, anyone can :-)
  • Savannah1204
    Savannah1204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very happy to see this post! I have 60+ lbs to lose and I'm scared I will fail too! Feel free to add me! I am just starting as well and need all the friends I can get.

I have to say, being on MFP is the best way to do it. I have had so much support, its crazy. I have only been here for 4 days!

Keep your head high! We can do it!! :)
  • cpeacy
    cpeacy Posts: 27
    Options
    It is frustrating. That is why I like this program we are all here to help each other,

you can add me as a friend. I would be happy to support you.
  • Shmeelady
    Shmeelady Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you fail, try again.
    Never give up on yourself.
    Never feel shame.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Exercise first thing in the morning. I figured out that it starts the day off great for me and I don't have as much problem eating the way I should. I am eating natural foods also. No processed and very few ingredients. Feels good.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Messing up for a few days doesn't equal failure. You just get back on track and start again.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I was in the same situation 2 years ago when I joined MFP. The things that worked best for me were to weigh or measure everything I ate or drank, recording every bite of anything I ate (including gum, even though you don't swallow that), and if I had to estimate calories in something, I always guessed on the high end. You can do this.
  • stacyosoyoos
    stacyosoyoos Posts: 41 Member
    Options

I just started may 26. So far I like it, everyone had been very encouraging I've found. I like reading the forums and looking at the food diaries. It helps give me a better idea of the types of meals you can make / eat and stay within your limits. I hope you like the site, good luck on your weight loss!!

Feel free to send a friend request, we all need a helping hand!
  • emilyc30
    emilyc30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm almost to my first week. I don't think I lost anything (went to the doctor and saw the scale, no change) and then I had a girls weekend away. Has anyone else here felt like this is one of the hardest things to do? How have others worked through an unsuccessful week?
  • mimiharmon1
    mimiharmon1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I understand where you are coming from. I also have about 50 lbs to lose and need all the motivation I can have. Please add me as a friend.
  • catcow888
    catcow888 Posts: 37
    Options
    I started a couple of weeks ago!
    My biggest bit of advice is to be as positive as possible on myfitnesspal. Even if you're upset with your day, or your weight loss that week, write a status about it and twist it to be positive! For example 'Rough day today, but tomorrow's a new day and I can't wait!'. Not only does this motivate others on here, it also helps you stay focused and happy with yourself. :)
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I decided it was a commitment for life (lifestyle change) not a diet & am living accordingly. Some days will be better than others. Some days you'll go over, some days you wont.

One key that an MFP'r shared with me? This is something you do, not a definition of who you are. Try and keep the emotion out of it. At the end of the day, long term calorie reduction is a math equation.

Never be scared to fail. If Edison had been scared to fail, he wouldn't have invented the light bulb. Don't make it a self fulfilling prophecy or youre setting yourself up ahead of time

What we are on a daily basis is a sum total of the choices we have made (good/bad). Try to make good choices on a regular basis & don't take yourself to the rack when you make a poor one. Get up off the floor, try again next day, repeat as necessary.

Feel free to add if youd like