1 week challenge who's with me !!! Lol

My husband has challenged me
To eat all protein for 1 week and he guaranteed that I would loose 10lbs easy with my workouts !!! For example I can have oatmeal and 2 egg whites for breakfast and water , lunch is 1 chicken breast and water , dinner is 2 pork chops and water ..... Anyone want to do this with me and see if it works??

Replies

• vanginmi
    vanginmi Posts: 41
    My body wouldn't work on that :)
  • Mine isn't in sure !!! I thought even if I did two says I should see a difference !! I am concerned that it's not healthy to loose that much weight in one week but my hubby is an athlete and has done it numerous times before he said I'll be fine !! Lol
  • DebinMelbourne
    DebinMelbourne Posts: 134 Member
    You'll have to pass on the oatmeal if you want to eat mainly protein. Oatmeal is primarily carbohydrates, good ones though.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    It's a fad challenge.
    Any weight you lose will probably be water weight, and you'll probably lose because you're eating at a deficit.
    Once you return to normal habits, the weight will probably come back.
    Just continue to do it in a way you know you can sustain long-term.
  • It's a fad challenge.
    Any weight you lose will probably be water weight, and you'll probably lose because you're eating at a deficit.

I totally agree with what your saying the deficit bothers me but I'm going to just add more protein for starters and see if I can build up to this challenge with staying on track for my calorie intake !! Thanks for the great advice even though I'm sure it wouldn't be just water weight , however it wouldn't be healthy to loose that much weight, that fast
  • You'll have to pass on the oatmeal if you want to eat mainly protein. Oatmeal is primarily carbohydrates, good ones though.

The oatmeal was a freebie, my hubby threw in there !! I'm keeping that at least ...lol
  • missiontofitness
    It's a fad challenge.

I totally agree with what your saying the deficit bothers me but I'm going to just add more protein for starters and see if I can build up to this challenge with staying on track for my calorie intake !! Thanks for the great advice even though I'm sure it wouldn't be just water weight , however it wouldn't be healthy to loose that much weight, that fast

I'm definitely pro-protein! I think adding a ton of it, especially if you're gonna be working out at the gym a lot with strength training, is vital.

Generally when you make a sudden big change to your intake, there's a huge initial drop; that drop is generally water weight. You would need a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose one pound of fat, and if you had a 500 calorie deficit per day off of your BMR (which may not be healthy, depending on how much your body burns on its own per day), you would lose one pound per week. If you lost 6lbs the week you did this challenge (example), it's very unlikely that you would accrue a 21,000 calorie deficit for the week to lose all that weight in fat.

Sorry for the long explanation; just wanted to make sure you had some info!
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    It's a fad challenge.

I'm definitely pro-protein! I think adding a ton of it, especially if you're gonna be working out at the gym a lot with strength training, is vital.

Generally when you make a sudden big change to your intake, there's a huge initial drop; that drop is generally water weight. You would need a 3,500 calorie deficit to lose one pound of fat, and if you had a 500 calorie deficit per day off of your BMR (which may not be healthy, depending on how much your body burns on its own per day), you would lose one pound per week. If you lost 6lbs the week you did this challenge (example), it's very unlikely that you would accrue a 21,000 calorie deficit for the week to lose all that weight in fat.

^ I agree with this post. It's extremely unlikely that you will make that big of a deficit even if you increased your exercises dramatically and dropped your caloric intake. The body just doesn't work that way.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Yeah you'll lose weight with that menu. Good luck but nah I can't do it. Not even for a week.
  • Kibby710
    Kibby710 Posts: 9
    I would talk to your doctor first. Just because it may work for one person doesnt mean it will work for you. That's why there are thousands of different diets out there....If you want to lose weight check out going Fully Raw. It's a healthier way to lose weight! Even if you don't go Fully Raw, just change one meal a day to ONLY raw foods. Here is a video that is really awesome! She does great videos (in my opinion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZn8QeEXjPA
  • missiontofitness
    It's a fad challenge.

^ I agree with this post. It's extremely unlikely that you will make that big of a deficit even if you increased your exercises dramatically and dropped your caloric intake. The body just doesn't work that way.

Yep.
    Even if there was a 500 calorie deficit per day (3,500 deficit for the end of the week), and an additional 500 burned per day through exercise, that's only a 7,000 deficit for the week; 2lbs of fat. If the OP's intake was set at 1,500 per day, the OP would have to not eat for a week, and then on top of that burn 1,500 calories per day to meet a 21,000 calorie deficit for the week of the challenge to equal the calories in 6lbs of fat.

If anything, I would recommend eating all that nummy protein of the challenge, hitting up the gym to lift, sprinkle some cardio in there for good measure, and eat a balanced and calorie healthy intake for the week. Also, given the small amount of weight the OP wants to lose, she should be aiming for a deficit aimed towards .5lb/1lb per week. The results will be a lot more consistent and more likely to be permanent than a one week challenge.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member

Yep.
    Even if there was a 500 calorie deficit per day (3,500 deficit for the end of the week), and an additional 500 burned per day through exercise, that's only a 7,000 deficit for the week; 2lbs of fat. If the OP's intake was set at 1,500 per day, the OP would have to not eat for a week, and then on top of that burn 1,500 calories per day to meet a 21,000 calorie deficit for the week of the challenge to equal the calories in 6lbs of fat.

If anything, I would recommend eating all that nummy protein of the challenge, hitting up the gym to lift, sprinkle some cardio in there for good measure, and eat a balanced and calorie healthy intake for the week. Also, given the small amount of weight the OP wants to lose, she should be aiming for a deficit aimed towards .5lb/1lb per week. The results will be a lot more consistent and more likely to be permanent than a one week challenge.
    That's what I was thinking. Upping protein intake is great. But expecting the act of eating protein to magically make the pounds drop is too high of an expectation. From what I've been learning so far, protein plays an important role in maintaining muscle health and improving satiety. That is how it helps reduce your overall calorie intake.

It doesn't magically speed up the metabolism, "bind" to fats and make them come out of your poops, or anything along those lines.
  • missiontofitness

Yep.

That's what I was thinking. Upping protein intake is great. But expecting the act of eating protein to magically make the pounds drop is too high of an expectation. From what I've been learning so far, protein plays an important role in maintaining muscle health and improving satiety. That is how it helps reduce your overall calorie intake.

It doesn't magically speed up the metabolism, "bind" to fats and make them come out of your poops, or anything along those lines.

Alli does that though...haha.
    I remember when that first came out. If you ate too much fat, it will come back out the other end!