Fighting Thyroid

Options
Hi, this is Aman. I have been diagnosed with thyroid. From over 100 kg i have reduced my weight to 85 kg. Then became a little lazy and stopped working out. The thing is still I have not attained my required BMI and body fat percentage(BMI=29.3 and fat%=43). I started working out again moderately and at the end of the month i check my weight. I see no results.This has been almost year since i stopped getting results. I sometimes dont know why this is happening. Is it because of thyroid, do i have to intensify my workout. What should be my daily intake. Anybody can suggest me a diet plan to supplement my workout. I have kept a target of 4kg per month from today. Pour in your suggestions guys. They will be helpful in my weight loss journey. Thank you.

Replies

• begraceful1
    begraceful1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wasw diagonoised diabetic in Feb. I also had a high thyroid. I have lost over 18 lbs and have reduced my Cholesterol levels to normal and the thyroid issue has gone back to normal. I eat steel cut oats or egg beaters omelet with veggies for breakfast. I only eat whole grain or multi grain bread. I eat lots of salads and lots of raw and steamed veggies. I also get most of my protein from beans( red beans, pintos, black beans ,navy beans are the highest in fiber. Just check the hightest in fiber when you go buy dry beans and low to no sugar. I cut out all refined foods. No fast foods at all. Ocassionally I will eat a slice of cheese pizza, but thin crust mad a little crispy. I don't drink soda or sweet tea, I drink mostly water and occasionally Aldi's N2 low calorie, it has less sugar than gatorade.IF i eat meat it is only turkey and boneless skinless chicken, baked or broiled. NO fried foods. I bet you will surely loose weight and get in control of your health and your body if you change to this eating habit. It is a healthy eating habit. YOu will feel much better. I had gerd and indigestion all the time before i changed my eating. I am 100 % better. I am a stroke patient too , so i feel that i am improving my quality of life. Good luck.
  • xcllyf
    xcllyf Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks @begraceful. It was really helpful. I will start eating habits as suggested. Oats have been a part of my daily diet. But I have been very erratic. I need to start being consistent in the food plans i make. Your suggestions of food choice is good. I will try to include them and hopefully i will start getting results.:)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/770-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I lost weight just like everybody else—by eating at a deficit. Please read this. It worked for me: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • xcllyf
    Options
    One more thing i would like to add is that, only my tummy portion is out of shape. The rest are fine. I guess its again because of thyroid. Can i concentrate my workout more in the tummy area. Do you guys think it will have a adverse effect on the weight loss. Because some people are saying as you keep working that portion of the body they become strengthened and dont respond after some time.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Where you lose fat is determined entirely by genetics.

Please, read the Sexypants link. It's full of reliable information—not old wives' tales.
  • xcllyf
    Options
    ok..what it says is that spot reduction is basically dependent on individual. I need to do a lot of rework on my existing plans.