I've lost 85 pounds

Options
Just saw this and thought I'd tell my story.

I'm 23 years old, and I've been fat my whole life. My family has a history of obesity, and when I was in elementary school my asthma kept me indoors and inactive; the steroids did the rest of the job. By the time I graduated high school I was over 100 pounds past my ideal body weight.

When I decided to join the police force, I knew that the first order of business was to lose the weight. I started at 315 pounds in March, and currently I'm sitting at 230. I still have 60 pounds more to lose, and keeping my regimented calorie count is a struggle at times, but I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to have lost that weight.

If you are thinking there's no way you can lose weight, you are dead wrong. I don't care how much you have to lose, just do what you have to do to get through THAT DAY. Every day is a struggle, but when you make small, achievable goals (calorie counting, x amount of minutes walking/running/riding a bike) you can achieve anything.

Never give up. You're a bad-*kitten*, sexy, skinny, mother f*cker just waiting to come out of that body!

Replies

• bigc150
    bigc150 Posts: 13
    Options
    lol, yeah!
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    better a bad *kitten* than a fat *kitten*!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    LOL...love it!! Congrats on your success so far and good luck as you continue!:)
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    LOVE. Congrats on how far you have come! And what a great goal. Fabulous story. And I am totally stealing that last line and putting it in my signature. :happy:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Just saw this and thought I'd tell my story.

I'm 23 years old, and I've been fat my whole life. My family has a history of obesity, and when I was in elementary school my asthma kept me indoors and inactive; the steroids did the rest of the job. By the time I graduated high school I was over 100 pounds past my ideal body weight.

When I decided to join the police force, I knew that the first order of business was to lose the weight. I started at 315 pounds in March, and currently I'm sitting at 230. I still have 60 pounds more to lose, and keeping my regimented calorie count is a struggle at times, but I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to have lost that weight.

If you are thinking there's no way you can lose weight, you are dead wrong. I don't care how much you have to lose, just do what you have to do to get through THAT DAY. Every day is a struggle, but when you make small, achievable goals (calorie counting, x amount of minutes walking/running/riding a bike) you can achieve anything.

Never give up. You're a bad-*kitten*, sexy, skinny, mother f*cker just waiting to come out of that body!
    Damn dude! Way to go!! I lived that story too! I just lost 63 myself! Though I don't have 60 to go, everywhere I go I'm still considered fat. I don't know how that is. I kinda rock a six pack and all. But great job man! You're friggin awesome and an inspiration to us all!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an amazing achievement! You are so right, you have to set your mind to do it no matter what. You are an inspiration to us all. Wishing you luck as a police officer.
  • antipholous
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement. Let's make this the skinniest year yet!
  • antipholous
    Options
    Damn dude! Way to go!! I lived that story too! I just lost 63 myself! Though I don't have 60 to go, everywhere I go I'm still considered fat. I don't know how that is. I kinda rock a six pack and all. But great job man! You're friggin awesome and an inspiration to us all!

Thanks, man.

Yeah, I hate it when people who don't know you (and all the hard work you've done) still label you as "fat." I mean, it might be true to an extent, but friends and family see the before and after (and the continued effort) and can look well past it.

Ah well, I guess it just comes as a testament to how far we've come, and how far we still have to go. If guess if one get's too comfortable, so do their stomachs, haha.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options

haha I love it! Too awesome :D Great story btw, your an inspiration! :D
  • djstaen
    Options
    omg i needed this encouragement
    thanks... i calorie count daily and its a struggle
    i just LOVE junk food=empty calories
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Fantastic job, BTW!!! :-D
  • fannyanntut
    fannyanntut Posts: 39 Member
    Options

that is just what I needed to hear! after a high start I was struggling a bit these past few days. You're an inspiration, keep us all posted with your progress x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!