Couch to 5K success!

Options
I did it! I completed couch to 5K and finished an official race yesterday. I am telling you people, ANYONE is capable of this! I had never run and was always one of those people that said I just can't run. I almost died the first week running for ONE minute. I finished the 5K in 34:12. You can do this people!

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well done, so are you continuing with the c210k? I am starting in 8 days time once I have completed an alpha and beta cycle of T25.
  • elpomo
    elpomo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Once I recover from nagging knee ligament injury, I hope to run a 5k and then build on that. I love your enthusiasm, keep up the good work.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just switched from random running to C25K this week. Hoping to have success!
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a great feeling!
  • CanaryNoire
    CanaryNoire Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is terrific. Good job!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I believe anyone can do it too. I've only ever walked a 5K and I know I was a lot lighter then. I will have to get back to walking regularly and build up. I ran after high school for a short while. Wish I had never stopped. I loved it then so I think I could love running/jogging again.
  • niftylibrarian
    Options
    Thanks to all! I am not sure I will ever go on to a 10K...for now I want to build my speed. My next goal is to reduce my time, eventually running one in about 30 minutes.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I really needed to hear this.. I am struggling with the program right now. Hoping for a break through soon! I will push on :)