hungry at night??

Options
2»

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I eat late at night, almost every night. That's when I'm hungry, so I don't fight it - I just make sure I leave calories available for it.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If your answer to the previous poster is "yes, you are eating enough", then try taking some calories from other meals to devote to a satisfying evening snack. The banana idea works for me, also a small (and I mean small) bowl of cereal. Just a few calories to carry you through 'til morning. The cereal satisfies that crunchy chewing urge some of us get, too.

Yeah, I'm still curious how much the OP is eating and if it's enough. Shouldn't being hungry on a reasonable deficit but I know it can happen.

that's why I said I think im not even hungry but just want to eat something.. like an addiction

Still curious. Was trying to help but never mind.

Wish you all the best!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    If your answer to the previous poster is "yes, you are eating enough", then try taking some calories from other meals to devote to a satisfying evening snack. The banana idea works for me, also a small (and I mean small) bowl of cereal. Just a few calories to carry you through 'til morning. The cereal satisfies that crunchy chewing urge some of us get, too.

Yeah, I'm still curious how much the OP is eating and if it's enough. Shouldn't being hungry on a reasonable deficit but I know it can happen.
    Pfft...i am always hungry...no off button.
  • ravenmiss
    Options

Yeah, hence why I said I know it can happen.

Sorry if I've annoyed anyone, was just curious if OP was getting enough cals in the first place but she obviously is, which is awesome.

^_^
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have lost a few pounds saving enough calories so that I can take a snack to bed with me every night... I never go to sleep hungry... Best of Luck
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    if I go to bed too long after my last meal I can't sleep if I have any hunger. I usually eat a few crackers and that's enough to stave off the hunger enough to fall asleep. a single graham cracker or a few dr kracker snackers is enough.
  • ravenmiss
    Options
    I do the same as CyberEd, always have a snack just before bed. Guess it's just habit :)
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt plain - small cup sprinkled with a tsp of granola and 1 strawberry sliced or a few blueberries
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt plain - small cup sprinkled with a tsp of granola and 1 strawberry sliced or a few blueberries

Or 8 oz skim milk
  • Bokohoyo123
    Bokohoyo123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this. I do good during the day, but after 6:30 pm I am in the kitchen looking to munch on something. What I been doing lately is I pop popcorn or I make myself a shake which consist of ice, sugar free pudding, with 1/2 a cup of soy milk (unsweetened) or coconut milk (unsweetened). I put that in my Nutri Bullet (best thing ever!!!) and make myself a low calorie shake. The calories are not that much. It fills me up and takes care of my sweet fix. I also snack on strawberries and dip them in lite cool whip. The shakes really are good because you can have a nice big shake without a lot of calories. You don't put all the sugar free pudding mix in either, just a 1/2 a spoonful or less to give it flavor. I make chocolate shakes, banana shakes, etc. You can even use sugar free jello and make shakes out of that too.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I broke the habit of snacking at night with TV by not doing my usual routine for a couple weeks. I read in bed instead of watching tv on the couch. Now that it has been a few weeks I don't think about it anymore. If I'm hungry I will eat a bowl of cottage cheese, 100 calories and protein. I can't sleep if I'm actually hungry.
  • betseyjane
    betseyjane Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been a midnight 'snacker' for a few years now - hence the 20 pound gain (along with a few other things), but as of late, I have been have saving some calories for snacks before bed. I'll make a 100 calorie bag of popcorn, and then if I'm still hungry, have a greek yogurt.
  • scarlet717
    scarlet717 Posts: 14
    Options
    thanks every body for the help.. i learn from this post to save me some calories for my late snack .... :)
  • scarlet717
    scarlet717 Posts: 14
    Options

lol i have to look for what OP means ... i am trying to do 1250 but ill go up to 1500 some days.. im puetorican with 2 lil girls and a baby so i need lots of energy to be around i walk every day for about 1 hour but still not loosing any weight and i think is because im eating the wrong stuff at night or i am to stressed since im not working since i had my baby 10 months ago..
  • avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this. I do good during the day, but after 6:30 pm I am in the kitchen looking to munch on something. What I been doing lately is I pop popcorn or I make myself a shake which consist of ice, sugar free pudding, with 1/2 a cup of soy milk (unsweetened) or coconut milk (unsweetened). I put that in my Nutri Bullet (best thing ever!!!) and make myself a low calorie shake. The calories are not that much. It fills me up and takes care of my sweet fix. I also snack on strawberries and dip them in lite cool whip. The shakes really are good because you can have a nice big shake without a lot of calories. You don't put all the sugar free pudding mix in either, just a 1/2 a spoonful or less to give it flavor. I make chocolate shakes, banana shakes, etc. You can even use sugar free jello and make shakes out of that too.
  • avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    So good at quoting. That sounds like a great idea. I also sleep better if I eat closer to sleeping. I know that will change with time.
  • b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a
    b_e_l_l_a_a_a_a_a_a Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I honestly eat 90% of my calories at night and I've been losing juuuuuuust fine. My dinners are always 900-1200 calories plus snacks before and after. :love:

Do what works best for you and fits into your calorie/macro allowance, if you find that night eating makes it harder to lose off YOUR OWN body then you should start looking into alternatives at night time like cups of tea. Also.. I don't think it matters what time of day you eat what as long as you get enough sleep and water and food...
  • Ramen237
    Ramen237 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of keeping a pre-recorded snack on your nightstand/near the bed !! In fact, I keep a couple snacks (crackers, prunes, almonds, granola bars, and the like) in a plastic container in one of my drawers, for that same reason. Sometimes I'm full after dinner, but by the time bedtime rolls around, I'm starving! This has happened several times in the last month - and each time I was glad to have a snack to munch on :)

Another idea is a juice box (or milk etc), that was you don't end up with chunks of food in your teeth and have to floss it out, which is annoying when all you want to do is hit the sack.