Who else wants to lose just 10 pounds?

Options
I am looking for additional support from others who are in a like position who also want to lose about 10 pounds. I have never really had to be concerned with my weight but have found that after 4 children and approaching (or in the middle of!) menopause, weight has been finding its way on my body! I love to encourage others (and am inspired as well) by MFPers who are making phenomenal progress but find that losing the final pounds seem to be the toughest. Anyone out there who can share tips, etc.?

Replies

• sandybaby13
    Options
    i wish i had only 10lbs to loose lol but best of luck with it xxxx
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Def search the posts and boards with the search feature for key words like "not that much" or something similar- I've seen a couple groups form for this... Good luck!
  • heleana
    Options
    I want to lose 12lbs... Started walking every day and cutting out sugar and alcohol. Eating the right food is the next step... Have a few recipes from Tesco's dieting (not a member, just the free stuff). But must admit I'm finding it hard to get motivated. Pity as once I get started I know it will be ok. What is your motivation?
  • Brunette_Babe
    Brunette_Babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm only looking to loose about 10 lbs to a stone - wedding coming up and just want to to be happy with the photos. Plus my dress is very tight so i can't get away with having a tummy which sticks out a little bit under lots of ruffles!

Good luck to you! And it's great that you want to stsy in shape!
  • heleana
    Options
    A wedding is massive motivation - good luck!
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 12lbs... Started walking every day and cutting out sugar and alcohol. Eating the right food is the next step... Have a few recipes from Tesco's dieting (not a member, just the free stuff). But must admit I'm finding it hard to get motivated. Pity as once I get started I know it will be ok. What is your motivation?

I am doing this mostly for myself. My husband is a good motivator in the sense that he keeps himself in shape. I also think me being a good role model for my children - I want them to have a life than always includes exercise and a healthy eating style. Never heard of Tesco so it's something I'll google. Thanks!
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 pounds left to go. You'll need to eat a at least few hundred calories under maintenance if you want to lose the last couple pounds. If you don't eat enough as your body fat % drops, your metabolism will slow down and you will burn more muscle than fat.