Many don't know this!

Options
I paid 25.00 for a min trampoline and I burn more calories than going to the gym in half the time.

Just Health bouncing, I burned 97 calories in 5 minutes!

There are a lot of people who don't know the benefits of rebounding on a trampoline! NASA invented it.

Check out all the benefits. There are many different sites to read as well.

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/rebounding-for-detoxification-and-health.htm

Replies

• PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! I think I'll invest in a mini trampoline. Thanks for the info :-)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 young children with one income. I'd rather spend $25 on the trampoline than a membership. I guess I'll be heading to Walmart to pick one up;)
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So, Walmart has these? That is something I think I could do!
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at walmart. They have resistance bands attached along with a video! You really have to read the benefits on this, you will be amazed!
  • Fit14eva
    Options
    I read it and i want one too.... thanks so much for the info!!! I may have to fight my 3 year old for it... but it will be good for him too!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Mini-rebounders are amazing. My gym used to have urban rebounding classes. They were great for all fitness levels, especially people looking for something lower impact for your joints. The workouts really made you feel like a kid again too, something I think we can all use in our lives!!! My gym went out of business and I moved to a new one... I sure miss those rebounding classes!:-( If you care to invest with one, I'm sure you'll love it!

Shannon
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    I crank up my dance tunes and go crazy with the hip and arms. LOL Don't jump vigorously, not ready for that yet.

But the calories you burn are incredible! I have bounced 3 times today so far for 5 minutes each and burned almost 300 calories!
  • michaelk87
    michaelk87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How do you calculate the calories burned?
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    It comes with a monitor attached that counts how many times yu bounce, the time, calories burned.
  • michaelk87
    michaelk87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Does it factor in weight?
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    No, no weight.

It factors in how fast you bounce, the time and the calories burned.
    I know machines at the gym factor in weight and age, but not this.

they have more expensive trampolines for what you are looking for if that is what you want.

They have some great ones online and at Sears.
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    I found a site that will give you the info you want as far as weight goes.

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/rebounder.htm
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    wow i didnt know that! thanks for letting us know
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Here's a calculator that you can see how many calories you burn on the rebounder/mini trampoline.
    http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/caloriesburned/jumping_trampoline

I bought the one at Walmart last week for $35. While I love using it and the health benefits of using it, I do feel I have to give my thoughts for anyone thinking about buying the same one. That particular one I would never buy again. #1 I think the calorie counter/ time/bounce counter is junk!!! The first day I used it I sat and just pushed down ever so lightly and was burning a big number of calories, so don't count on it for an accurate calorie count at all. I even checked my heart rate while using it and calculated the calories burned that way and it was way low compared to what it said. I was only on the 3rd day and the time would just stop so I wasn't even getting an accurate time I was using it. Now a week later the counter doesn't count anything. #2 I feel like the mat isn't holding up well and will be short lived. I weigh right around 150 and only using it for a week (10-20 mins a day) I feel like the middle has more give to it and won't last long, I find myself trying to use the sides more so it lasts longer and I don't wear the middle out. What it boils down to: you get what you pay for. I will continue to use this since I paid for it, but when it's done I will definitely spend a little more to get something better. Just my thoughts.
  • saj9291113
    Options
    See mom, jumping on my bed was for my own good!!!
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    I have had mine since last April and haven't had a problem with it, thankfully. My calories burner does not move unless I am moving, I know that much. As far as calories burned, I guess it depends on how many bounces per minute as well. If I jog, I burn less calories because I am not bouncing as often as I do with a health bounce. Even though jogging increases my hear rate more, I tend to burn more gently bouncing at a fast past moving my hips and arms.

You are right, there are much better ones out there. I have been using it since Saturday when I joined this site and have been eating up the calories I burn from it. If it is accurate, then I should lose weight. If it is wrong then I won't lost at all and possibly gain.

Wish me luck, I will keep you posted as I weigh in on this coming Saturday.

Don't forget, any type of physical activity is going to burn calories. The other benefits it has besides burning calories is wonderful!
  • rawdefault
    Options
    I have a mini trampoline as well, and I have to say that they don't burn THAT many calories. It's grossly overestimated. I calculate my calories burnt using these websites:
    http://www.jumpsport.com/pr-jt-info.htm
    http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/rebounder.htm
    These amounts seem more realistic to me :)
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    NASA says rebounding is the most effective exercise ever devised by man. Rebounding on a Cellerciser can burn up to 700 calories per hour.

I have read this on many sites and it comes to 11 calories per minute.

NASA says rebounding is the most effective exercise ever devised by man. Rebounding on a Cellerciser can burn up to 700 calories per hour.

I am happy using it, time will tell! It's a personal preference I guess.
  • rawdefault
    Options
    alright, so 11 x 5 = 55. that's 55 cals for 5 minutes.
    and im assuming that this 11cals/min doesn't factor in your specific weight?
    im sorry, i don't mean to be a downer but it sounds too good to be true. 97 cals is very, very high for 5 mins of working out. it also has nothing to do with the 11cals/min amount your provided.
    i sound horrible, but i don't mean to be!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    700 calories is by no means the most calories one can burn in an hour. Jumping rope, stair running, jogging/running period, all of those burn more than 700 calories. I'd like to see someone use one while wearing a heart rate monitor and no raising arms overhead as it gives inaccurate burn counts. So, just pure joggging or bouncing for 15-30 minutes and see what numbers it comes up with. I would bet it's not as high as it's saying. I'd love a rebounder as I'm always hurting my damned foot but most of the ones I've seen won't work with my size and I'm sure as hell not paying what they want me to pay for one that will accompany my size. I bet you could burn more than 700 calories by jumping rope without the rope by just mimicking the hop and wrist movements. I would love to get a big *kitten* trampoline like backyard style as I think that would be crazy fun and a great workout.