Omaha Zoo/Diet

Options
Going to the Omaha Zoo tomorrow and trying to workout what to eat. Easiest would be to just pack a lunch, but I am guessing they are not going to let outside food in. Anyone have a game plan for similar situation. I really don't even think a bunch of concession food even sounds good. I think I would spend the day in the bathroom and it would sort of ruin it for me.

Replies

• knharris494
    Options
    I Googled Omaha Zoo and under FAQs it states they allow outside food and beverage. I would pack snacks like fruits and nuts and then a sandwich or something light for my lunch.
  • FauxFoxx
    FauxFoxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey, another Nebraskan! I love the Omaha Zoo. Honestly, I would just consider it a cheat day. While there are salads and sandwiches at the rainforest cafe they are absolutely tiny for the big price tag. Eat before you go, maybe pack some almonds and dried fruit.

With all the walking around you'll do I think you can afford to have some over priced pizza, lol.
  • melaniedsm
    melaniedsm Posts: 55
    Options
    Down .4 vs being up do to concession stand binge. I did pack my lunch and it was awesome, also the norm for most if the families.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Going to the Omaha Zoo tomorrow and trying to workout what to eat. Easiest would be to just pack a lunch, but I am guessing they are not going to let outside food in. Anyone have a game plan for similar situation. I really don't even think a bunch of concession food even sounds good. I think I would spend the day in the bathroom and it would sort of ruin it for me.

Since you seem to have a good response so far, I'll say this.
    I thought this was a new fad diet thread for something called the Omaha Zoo Diet.
    I was very concerned about what I would find, haha.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I thought this was a new fad diet thread for something called the Omaha Zoo Diet.

Me, too :).
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Me, too :).

Daily intake:

Breakfast: Scrambled ostrich eggs with a side of lion sausage
    Lunch: Broiled giraffe steak
    Dinner: Zebra burger with capybara bacon
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Dang, I want this to be a thing. Every day, you would eat as if you were a different animal. Fish on polar bear day. Beef on tiger day.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Dang, I want this to be a thing. Every day, you would eat as if you were a different animal. Fish on polar bear day. Beef on tiger day.

I would want it to be elephant day every day.
    Or gorilla day. ALL THE BANANAS.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I would want it to be elephant day every day.

Ew. I don't think so.
    G7qzO32.jpg