Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• shazzahare123
    Options
    49 just came back myself need all the help and support I can get. Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • mfenwick43
    mfenwick43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 44 and start doing 5:2 with the help of the MFP app. lost 4 1/2 pounds so far after 2 fasts and 2 normal eating days. I have 0 pounds to loose :( but I will get there this year! goal by Xmas eve I hope!
  • Beth0810
    Beth0810 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 40 and perimenopausal, and it's really hard. The scale still hasn't moved at ALL, but I've lost 5 inches in my waist and 5.5 inches on my hips. I'm working with a trainer but I really need to get my eating under control.
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd post an update as I'm past my original target and on to a new (lower) one. So it's not impossible to lose weight even at this time of life: if I can do it after around 30 years of trying, then it's do-able, even if it isn't easy.
    I feel better than I have done in ages, and am planning on running two race for life in July after finishing the NHS C25K programme. I hadn't done any running since I left school, and am (very surprisingly) quite enjoying the activity, even though I only did it under duress to start with!
  • DaisyGrammy
    DaisyGrammy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Come join our group....

Fifty, Female and Fun!
  • fitfor40tx
    fitfor40tx Posts: 30
    Options
    Does almost 40 count? :smile:

I'll be 39 in September! Would love to help others as well as have others motivate me! I workout 6x a week and log in daily!!

I feel like my 40's are going to be my best years!!!!! :happy:
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    45 over here!!!! I have to watch what I eat AND exercise to lose weight!
  • truckerbabe67
    Options
    feel free to add me, as im in my 40s and yes ive been thru menopause and might still be going thru it idk? lol
    ( as i had to have a hysterectomy along time ago...when i was younger)

so im sure i been thru it already, if im not still going thru it! lol
    but ive been losing weight... so far .......... but i have to keep with it..and i love this app and all the support etc from other people here as well!
    that helps me stay motivated also.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    41 here got a few more to lose but almost at goal.
  • ham5267
    ham5267 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm 47 and definitely in the perimenopause. Did the Insanity workout twice last year and logged everything on MFP through the entire journey. I didn't see huge amounts of weight loss, only 3 pounds in the end and now if anything I seem to be gaining inches and pounds by the day and I'm really depressed by it all and I have absolutely no clue as to whats happening in the stomach area, I look like I'm 4 months pregnant.
    I workout about 5 times a week at a moderate to high intensity. I either run, do hip hop abs or go to the gym for about 1 hour each session.
    Would love to hear any advice which might help to get this weight off and keep me motivated.
    Am a very depressed, needing support and motivation lady :-(