What's that one high calorie food...

Options

Replies

• kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bread. I've never been the type to have just a little bread. Yesterday's main course was three types of bread: German rye bread with butter, chinese coconut cream bun (half) and chinese cheese bun (had fruit for breakfast and yogurt with oats for lunch). I tend to go over on refined carbs rather than anything else. Rye bread is filling but I usually go for the white stuff. Even chocolate and peanut butter (at least sometimes) can be in controlled portions or going over just a bit (e.g. 200 kcal than can then be exercised off). But the binges tend to be on carbs, and not because I eat low carb, but because nom nom nom, I suppose.
  • KittiePerry
    KittiePerry Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Tacos and Pizza for sure and Tyson's chicken my grandma gets :3
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Jack in the Box Spicy Chicken sandwich and stuff jalapenos. Mmmm...

In 'n Out double double, peanut butter, ice cream and most chips also come to mind.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be fatty comfort food, especially mom's mashed potatoes (heavy on the butter and cream) and kotleti (two types of minced fatty meat and onion + fresh bread crumbs soaked in heavy cream - formed into patties, breaded and fried). I wouldn't mind fasting a full day to have my fill of these and I don't even normally like meat!

A close second is this very rich ice cream mom makes.. or her mousse cakes... yep.. I got fat for a reason, and I can't understand how she is keeping her amazing figure around such food
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The Big Mac Menue at Mc Donalds YUM!
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Fresh baked soft pretzels and dipping sauce. At about 350 cals a pretzel and 400 - 600 cals in a pot of sauce ... It is a HUGE helping of refined carbs and fat. But about once a month I do it anyway. I have a bakery near mine and sometimes when i walk past it and smell that fresh bread smell ... well it just can't be helped.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    :heart: chocolate babka :heart:

i have gotten pretty good at practicing moderation and staying under goal while enjoying most foods, but for some reason my resolve weakens when there is a loaf of babka in the house.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a few!

No1. King Prawn Indian Korma with rice and a garlic Naan washed down with a large beer!

No2. Chimichanga - Tex Mex with refried beans, rice and heaps and HEAPS of sour cream!

No3. Cheese, pate, french bread, spreads and wine!

All worth it for me! I love Indian for though, it would win every time!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    A lot of them. French pastries, some cookies, cakes, chocolate, ice cream... That's how I got fat.
  • feathers823
    feathers823 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&M's, I'm totally addicted.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Mexican food in general.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have zero willpower when it comes to chips and Queso dip. It's really bad cause a quarter appetizer can rack up 500+ cals in one fell swoop :sad:
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Twix ice cream bars... the regular size, b/c eating a mini ice cream bar is just wrong, ain't gonna happen. I need at least 2-3 regular ones before a craving is satisfied.

Or a peanut butter-banana-honey sandwich. Sometimes the amount of peanut butter that goes on it is more than some of my meals' total calories, not to mention the honey and the delicious white bread that surrounds it.... mmm!

ETA: Oreos or mom's chocolate chip cookies and milk for dunking
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Avocadoes and bacon. worth every bit.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Nommmmmmmmmmmmmm!! You all have great taste!!:laugh:
  • turpenoid
    turpenoid Posts: 73
    Options
    Menchie's frozen yogurts...

or wine. Tasty white wine can be my downfall for the day!
  • GMKF
    GMKF Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    FRENCH FRIES, POTATO CHIPS...or any salty snack
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Beer...but I don't eat less of whatever to fit it in, that would negate a lot of my nutrition...I do ride for beer though...miles and miles and miles.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    For me it's ice cream...
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Pasta.

Fresh egg pasta with some sort of creamy, fish sauce. With lots of garlic, garlic bread and a **** load of parmesan.

My husband makes one that comes in at 900 calories (for a massive portion). I've been known to eat a banana and a nak'd bar the whole day just so I can eat that damn fine deliciousness.

And then sit and nurse my big fat food baby all evening. No regrets.