weekends kill me.

Options
So.... I began counting 1200 calories last week in order drop a few pounds and feel better. I did pretty well during the week and then the weekend came and forget it. I ate so much. 800 calories over my limit saturday and 300 sunday. Its really hard when you have a family that isn't trying to lose weight.... hopefully this weekend I can get myself together (:

Replies

• jenlen65
    jenlen65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know it is so much harder on weekends. But if you've done great all weak, don't cheat yourself by overeating. My hubby is skinny so he needs to gain and I need to lose, so it is definitely a challenge. But it has been okay since I'm extremely motivated. I'm actually excited about what I'm doing. In fact, I just ordered a mini-trampoline because of a post that I saw here! This is a new week so just resolve to not "fall off the wagon" and know that you are worth it!!! Good luck!!! :wink:
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    Hang in there

Tracking will make yo feel guilty enough to to saty away from the things that put you over the top

I too tend to binge on the weekends.....

Remember to look at your goals by the week...3500 calories per week should get you one pound loss

Good luck
  • amylouiseanne
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. My partner and I have a group of friends that don't really watch their weight, and it's pizzas, cheeses, chocolate, crisps, alchol. It's my weigh-in day today and I feel like all my hard work from last week has just gone down the drain!
  • mikefit48
    mikefit48 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I PROMISE you it's not going to sideline your efforts. Try to dedicate a day where you're a little looser on your goals. That way you won't feel so guilty! if you're lifting weights and building some muscle you're probably boosting your metabolism and burning calories more efficiently anyway. Those extra calories won't matter. Just make sure you exercise even on your off day. That helps a little. You're doing great!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Wow I feel the same way. I actually had a little debate about this w/ my husband to get some support when buying groceries together or going out to eat. Well he is not trying to lose weight and he likes to indulge with bad food especially on the weekend. Almost like all my hard work during the week days get sabotaged on the weekend. I realized I have to be more discipline and cook or prepare my own food and surround myself with healthy grab and go snacks to keep me focused. Weight-loss or changing your eating habits are a personal thing. I had that revelation yesterday :wink:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was just lamenting about how poorly I do on the weekends to a friend. At least we know we are not alone. I think part of my problem is that I don't have as much structure or routine. I'm sure part of it is that I think that I deserve a break on the weekends. It just adds up so fast!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It is definitely harder to keep it up on the weekends. I still struggle with the weekends because my husband is very think and can eat whatever he wants. He is supportive but he also tempts me quite frequently with going out to eat. I always try to make the right choices when we go out but it can be hard. Even if you screw up you just have to keep going and keep trying. Be determined!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough. I would be @ my goal if it weren't for them!!

Seriously, what I have found, but often don't practice, is I can splurge a bit foodwise OR drink, but I can't do both. When I make a conscious decision to eat healthy and enjoy a few cocktails or if I splurge and skip the cocktails, the scale will hold steady. If I do both, that is another story entirely. The scale will go up. Granted it is usually mostly water, but who wants to see that first thing Monday morning?

I have gone back to the concept of one "splurge meal" a week. I was doing that awhile ago, but have gotten away from it. We went to my favorite Tex Mex place over the weekend. Fortunately they have a couple of fairly healthy salads that I love, so my "splurge" was the chips and some of hubby's Tres Leches Cake, and I skipped the margarita. The scale is right where it was on Friday, and that's a win in my book.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Maybe your family does not need to lose weight, but any family could benefit from eating healthier. Just because they are not "on a diet" does not mean they should eat unhealthy. Put the whole family on a new eating plan. My kids don't need to lose weight, but I am making them eat veggies every day. I make my family eat what I make, or they can have peanut butter and jelly. Show your kids how important it is to you.

Last night, my husband HAD to have pizza. He had not had it in months. He ordered it, and I sat down with him and ate my lean turkey and spaghetti squash because it meant more to me. Truth be known, I think he was mad that he had no willpower and I had 110% willpower.

Don't blame others. you can do this and it is up to only you. Granted, it'd be nice to have the support of your family, but start making small changes for them as well if you can. GOOD LUCK.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Something in the air? My hubby and I were just talking about this! He hates that I count calories, meal plan, etc. but has agreed to do it with me on the weekends...big step support-wise, fingers crossed!
  • paully5809
    Options
    FOOD in general kills me....
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i hear you. this weekend i ruined everything, from friday-sunday i was over on my calories by a total of nearly 5000 calories. normally i wouldn't care or even think twice. now that i track everything i feel really guilty, because now i feel like all of the amazing work i did last week with eating and working out is down the drain.

there really isn't anything i can do about it now but to start again this week. i just hate that i have no willpower and can't make good choices...i always justify it somehow. when i'm home during the week i can exercise and eat the way i want. weekends are harder because i tell myself that i deserve to have what i want because i've been so good over the week, and then i just go completely overboard.

it sucks. :\
  • jmbuth
    jmbuth Posts: 4
    Options
    Weekends kill me too, but I like your idea of allowing yourself a little wiggle room, but only in a limited area. I think that will be helpful.
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Because of my work roster my weekend is an average of 5 days out of 10.

I struggle with my calories on those days especially if I go out for the day but I also train harder on those days.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    There is a post started the other day titled something like: 51 things that burn fat. Look this up and clear up any mistakes you might be making and not even know about. Good luck in your quest!!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    yes its not good to fall off the wagon and weekends are very hard but dont be to hard on yourself before we started counting calories we did that everyday relax get right back on the wagon and try to do 5 or 10 more mins each day of exercise. :happy:
  • teddypete13
    Options
    thanks guys! :D
  • SHALONDAG
    SHALONDAG Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have been a weekend cheater lately myself! I'm going to work on doing a better job on the weekends!