Eggs

What are the different ways you all make your eggs? I like to scrambled eggs and egg burritos for breakfast and its starting to get a bit boring. What are some ways you spice up your egg life?:happy: :smile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Fritatas are great. They can be made ahead and eaten during the week. I also hard boil a batch on the weekends to add to my salads during the week.
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    I just added a bit of the bean chili i made last night to my eggs + cheese + wrapped it in a burrito... it was good!
    I like to hard boil eggs & mix it with avocado... YUM. Doesn't even need anything else.
    If i don't have avocado I'll make a quick egg salad with a little light mayo, mustard, italian dressing.
    My husband likes hot sauce on his scrambled eggs.
    Could also just try mixing in different veggies depending on what you have on hand... tomatos, peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    I'm the strange one here... I cook southern style hash browns 1/2 cup that have the peppers and onions in them,using my smallest frypan . When they get crispy, I throw in a beaten egg and I slice of cheese, turn down the heat, put a lid on and check when the egg is set and cheese is melted. So it has a crisp bottom and eggy, cheesy top. Sometimes I also add sliced mushrooms when browning the hash browns. I eat mine plain, but my family adds hot sauce or salsa. Trust me , this takes you way past lunch.. Hope you like this
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    I like to make crustless quiche, with veggies and cheese. Combinations are pretty much endless, you just can't use anything with too much moisture or it gets soggy. It freezes really well, I was surprised! Just take it out of the freezer, defrost, and done!
  • I'm the strange one here... I cook southern style hash browns 1/2 cup that have the peppers and onions in them,using my smallest frypan . When they get crispy, I throw in a beaten egg and I slice of cheese, turn down the heat, put a lid on and check when the egg is set and cheese is melted. So it has a crisp bottom and eggy, cheesy top. Sometimes I also add sliced mushrooms when browning the hash browns. I eat mine plain, but my family adds hot sauce or salsa. Trust me , this takes you way past lunch.. Hope you like this

^^^ That sounds amazing! So far just eggs arent holding me off and its frustrating to be starving by lunch. Are those you babies in yoru pic the german shepards?

All of these combinations sounds amazing and are giving me some ideas.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    I'm the strange one here... I cook southern style hash browns 1/2 cup that have the peppers and onions in them,using my smallest frypan . When they get crispy, I throw in a beaten egg and I slice of cheese, turn down the heat, put a lid on and check when the egg is set and cheese is melted. So it has a crisp bottom and eggy, cheesy top. Sometimes I also add sliced mushrooms when browning the hash browns. I eat mine plain, but my family adds hot sauce or salsa. Trust me , this takes you way past lunch.. Hope you like this

^^^ That sounds amazing! So far just eggs arent holding me off and its frustrating to be starving by lunch. Are those you babies in yoru pic the german shepards?

Yes, raise them for SAR. Search and rescue. Love them to death.. Back to the recipe. My husband even puts fresh spinach in also. Just play around and see what works. Best to you..
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    My kids love egg sandwiches. Fried or scrambled egg, on toast or a leftover bun, croisant, etc. Add some cheese, a slice of ham or bacon, etc. Easy and portable.

I like mine fried with salsa on top. My oldest likes spinach and mushroom omelet, sometimes with cheese too.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Scrambled with smoked salmon
    As a cheese omelette
    With whey as protein 'pancakes'
    Hard boiled in salads or curries
    Poached on toast
    Stir fried in rice with vegetables
    Baked in a cake
    Fried in a sandwich or as part of a cooked brunch

Hen eggs, goose eggs, duck eggs, quail eggs, I :heart: them all and eat them pretty much any which way.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    EEEEEEEGGGGGGSSSSS!!!!! love love

I have a pampered chef microwave poucher. It takes 1min 14 seconds for 2 perfect eggs.

I add salsa and eat them out of the poucher

I get my eggs from the chicken lady down the street - as we so fondly call her!

2 a day, every day
  • lisavgagne
    lisavgagne Posts: 28 Member
    I was just using up leftover broccoli once and found how good it paired w/ eggs. Make little "egg muffins" and drop broccoli and a smidge of bacon or sausage in and top w/ a sprinkle of your favorite cheese. It's really, really good! Better than I had thought it would be.

Also, this weekend, my daughter requested chicken, bacon and egg white breakfast tacos when we were staying w/ a friend. I was all.....what????? She won't eat eggs at home but seemed to be all about trying anything at my friends. So, basically throw some leftover cut up chicken breast, some crumbled extra crispy bacon in a pan and scramble w/ some egg or egg white then top w/ sharp cheddar. You an eat in a tortilla or just plain. It was SOOOOO good and a nice change.
  • I'm the strange one here... I cook southern style hash browns 1/2 cup that have the peppers and onions in them,using my smallest frypan . When they get crispy, I throw in a beaten egg and I slice of cheese, turn down the heat, put a lid on and check when the egg is set and cheese is melted. So it has a crisp bottom and eggy, cheesy top. Sometimes I also add sliced mushrooms when browning the hash browns. I eat mine plain, but my family adds hot sauce or salsa. Trust me , this takes you way past lunch.. Hope you like this

Yes, raise them for SAR. Search and rescue. Love them to death.. Back to the recipe. My husband even puts fresh spinach in also. Just play around and see what works. Best to you..

I know this is off subject but i ADORE! German Shepards and I am determined to own one. They are so beautiful. I envy you getting be surrounded by them.

Thanks guys. I need to stop reading the responces because im getting super hungry lol. They all sounds AMAZING! Thanks so much for all the pointers i really appreciate it. Trust me ive been taking notes.
  • I was just using up leftover broccoli once and found how good it paired w/ eggs. Make little "egg muffins" and drop broccoli and a smidge of bacon or sausage in and top w/ a sprinkle of your favorite cheese. It's really, really good! Better than I had thought it would be.

Also, this weekend, my daughter requested chicken, bacon and egg white breakfast tacos when we were staying w/ a friend. I was all.....what????? She won't eat eggs at home but seemed to be all about trying anything at my friends. So, basically throw some leftover cut up chicken breast, some crumbled extra crispy bacon in a pan and scramble w/ some egg or egg white then top w/ sharp cheddar. You an eat in a tortilla or just plain. It was SOOOOO good and a nice change.

Oooooooo Sounds delish!
  • lisavgagne
    lisavgagne Posts: 28 Member
    Oh, another good one and a favorite of mine for dinner at times. Chili and eggs. Scramble some eggs and top w/ a lean chili. I like to sprinkle some very sharp cheese on top but it's totally optional.

Also - cook some non-fat canned refried beans (you can add your own favorite fat in for flavor or just stay plain) and put your eggs right on top of the beans (maybe 1/4 cup? of beans kind of spread out to make bed for the eggs) then top w/ warmed salsa. A tortilla free Huevos Ranchero. Cheese or not - it's up to you.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450

I have a pampered chef microwave poucher. It takes 1min 14 seconds for 2 perfect eggs.

2 a day, every day

I want a chicken lady!!!!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    A lot of the time I just do a breakfast Hash. Whatever is left around from the day before; warm it up throw eggs ontop and go. The other thing I like to do is Turkey Kilbosa about 2 oz sliced thin; obrien potatos. Cook them then throw eggs on and scramble. I usually go without cheese, just add a little hot sauce.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member

2 a day, every day

I want a chicken lady!!!!

Me too! Wait, what is a chicken lady?
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    I just scramble and put a little tabasco on em and done......
  • I just scramble and put a little tabasco on em and done......

Thats me everyday so far lol.
  • naturesfempower
    naturesfempower Posts: 107 Member
    Stir scrambled eggs into leftover rice and top with kimchi. Most tasty.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    I slice boiled eggs and put them on English muffins with cheese. A little different spin on a breakfast sandwich. You could add sausage, bacon or ham as well. Or steak would be good also.