Looking for buddies w/ 100+ lbs to lose

Options
ScottiErica
ScottiErica Posts: 16 Member
Hi, I'm looking for buddies to add on here so we can motivate each other. A little about me is I am 22 and I would like to lose at least 100 pounds. I would like to find some supportive people who are on a big weight loss journey as well, or have already completed their journey. I'm open to tips and advice from anyone.
Anyone can feel free to add me. :)
You can also add my sister who is also on the same journey I am.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/Kelli32811/status

Replies

• thecraftyfatty
    thecraftyfatty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have at least 100 (preferably about 150) to lose. Most of the people I know who are on this journey have less than 50 to go, which is depressing. I added you! I'm 31, SW 287, CW 281, GW 140-ish.
  • cheaton13
    cheaton13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there...weight loss buddies are a great thing, and I could use some too! I am 33, and want/need to lose about 120.
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I currently have 88lbs to lose though I have already lost 48.4lb. If you are interested in adding me please feel free. I love making new friends who are on a similar journey :-D.
  • karak80
    karak80 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi there! I have around 100 to lose as well. Feel free to add me you guys--we can do this!

Edited for typo
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have a crap-a-doodle load to lose, feel free to add me anyone :)
  • harmonium32
    Options
    Hello! I am hoping to lose about 145 pounds! Please add away :)
  • heatheramara
    Options
    Hello! I'm 43, have 120-150 to lose, depending on how my body responds, and am looking for buddies, too. :)

I have sent add requests.

My current strategy is just calorie monitoring with some slight exercise. I have been sedentary recently, and it's so hard for me to lose weight that if I try TOO hard, my body just freaks out and stops. So, right now, calories are working. When that stops, I will start slowly adding exercise in.

Nice to meet you all.

What is everyone trying at the moment?
  • carfanman
    carfanman Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Feel free to read my profile then if you wish add me.
  • baiye1
    baiye1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can send me an FR. I have between 60 and 80 left to lose, but I've already lost 60. I'm active on here everyday in some manner or another. :)
  • doriankaysibray
    doriankaysibray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Dorian and I need to lose almost 200 pounds. I think losing weight, no matter the amount, if you need to is great... but it is so nice to be able to walk through this with people that need to lose a larger amount.

I'm 25 and weigh 337lbs and I would like to get down to around 140, or whenever I feel my best. Because, where I would love to look great, I really just want to FEEL good and be able to chase my kids, run, walk up the stairs without losing my breath, and hike with my husband. It really isn't about a number, but about health.

I'll be checking out all of your profiles ladies!! Congratulations that you're taking these steps and good luck!!!
  • doriankaysibray
    doriankaysibray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right now, I started a profile on Instagram for accountability and support. Then I am on here cutting lots of calories and just cutting down on sugar, white flour, processed foods, and upping veggies and protein. Also I just started the ease into 5K app. It's 3 days a week and works up to running a 5K which I'm signed up for in August! :)
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Okay, a few tips: DO take "before pictures" and progress pictures, even if you don't share them with anyone else. Looking back at them will help keep you motivated along the way. DO take and record your starting measurements. They will also help keep you motivated when your weight loss stalls. DO realize that your weight loss will stall from time to time, just keep at it anyway. DO remember that you have to consume 3500 calories more than you expend in order to actually gain a pound, so if your weight jumps by a few pounds overnight, chalk it up to water, and keep at it.DO hang onto at least one outfit that fits you now, so that when you get discouraged in the future, you can put it on to remind yourself how far you've come. DO remember than everyone's body is different, so while the basic formula of eating in a deficit is sound, you need to find what works for you. DO remember that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. It has to be sustainable for you to be successful. Are you really going to swear off ice cream and chips for the rest of your life? DO invest in a food scale. That $10 or $15 it costs you is more than worth it. DO find exercise activities you enjoy, or at least don't hate too much. DO pay attention to what works for you. If your weight is dropping and you are feeling energized and healthy, pay attention to what you are doing so you can keep doing it. DO have fun with your jounrney.

Figure out what strategies work for you. Some people don't weigh every day because the daily fluctuations discourage them. I weigh every day and chart it in a spreadsheet. Are there days when my weight jumps up a few pounds? Of course there are, but the overall trend is what matters. A couple of days of watching my salt intake, and the scale is my friend again. And looking back at months of daily weight entries reminds me that there have been many spikes, followed by many drops.

DO remember that you are doing this for YOU, and others on here will tell you what worked for THEM. DON'T be afraid to find what works for you. Good luck!
  • petecassa
    petecassa Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm only one week in but my goal is to lose 98lbs. Add me please, everytime I add someone, I lose this message lol
  • freeoncemore
    Options
    A year ago, I was on the right path, then I got distracted by someone. I lost sight of myself and wasn't doing what was best for me and gained it back.

I recently broke up with this person and now the plan is to focus on me, that includes mentally, physically, and emotionally. I started this morning walking. Slow, but still doing it. And clean eating, no sodas all the stuff that has worked me in the past.

My goal right now is to lose 100, but my ideal weight is losing 140. Right now, I just want the weight on my driver's license to match what I really am.
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off for the last two years. I lost about 50 lbs while doing my best and then like freeoncemore, I got distracted by a boy and lost sight of myself. Now I'm back and have quite a lot that I would be happy to lose so that I look hella amazing and more importantly make sure to live a longer healthier life. Anyone feel free to add me, I need someone to help me be accountable because falling off the wagon is making me crazy.
  • pinknic2
    pinknic2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there.

I'm in Scotland, UK and started dieting in January 2014 with 184lbs to lose. I've just passed halfway so will be dieting for a while. Please feel free to add me. Good luck on your journeys ????
  • jenniferv38
    jenniferv38 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose around 140. I'll add you :) Anyone else, feel free to add me too. Good luck!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    FR Sent! Also sent a note about a fun group where we all have 100 + to lose. :flowerforyou:
  • Nightstar76
    Nightstar76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I have started this a few weeks ago. I have 120lbs to lose and am looking for new friends. Please feel free to add me.
  • lschwarz84
    lschwarz84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP on and off for the last year and a half but this time around I'm much more focused and dedicated to losing 100+ lbs. Feel free to add me :)