slow weight loss

Options
Losing weight very slowly. What's the trouble? How do I reset my set point?

Replies

• JennyHollyHansen
    Options
    what are you doing differently to lose the weight?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    How slow is very slowly? You can change your weekly weight loss goal in your "settings"
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have been at it since March 3rd and I am only down 10 lbs give or take. I do a ton of walking and wii zumba and my calorie intake stays around 1200....
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so it's tough to help. However, since you only have nine pounds to lose, if you are losing at a rate of .5 pounds a week - that would be a great loss. The closer to ideal weight we are, the slower the loss.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy to be losing slowly. I have lost on average about 1/2 lb a week but I'm able to eat around the same amount I normally would for life w/o depriving myself. When you don't have a lot to lose, 1/2 lb is a good idea. It's taken me months and months to lose 16 lbs but I wouldn't do it any other way (as I've tried and gained back that weight as it wasn't sustainable).
  • notwhatyouthink
    notwhatyouthink Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Getting 500 calories a day. Light excercise. Once a month i have 700. Calories.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    that better be a joke
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Slow loss isn't necessarily a bad thing. It depends on how much you have to lose, and how much weight you're referring to as being a "slow weight loss." How much per week are you losing? How many pounds are you aiming to lose overall?
  • Goldilukes
    Goldilukes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    that better be a joke

What he said.

Do you have a pulse? No seriously though that's too few calories, you need to eat more.
  • notwhatyouthink
    Options
    Oh and i have a disability which makes it hard to excercise. Going to buy Leslie Sansone walking DVD s. Will be better.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

How do you even have the energy to type this?! There is just too much wrong with this.... If this is true you really should get some professional help before you end up in the hospital or dead.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh and i have a disability which makes it hard to excercise. Going to buy Leslie Sansone walking DVD s. Will be better.

You can lose weight without exercising at all, by being in a caloric deficit. According to your profile, you only have 7lbs left to lose, which makes a weekly loss of 1/2lb completely acceptable and normal. How slow is "slow" to you?

Also, if you're getting 500-700 calories a day, that's dangerous to your health. You could make yourself very sick doing that.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options
    I feel like this has to be a troll.

If it's not, OP please get help. 500 calories per day is dangerous to anyone of any size and any activity level.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    that better be a joke

It could be.We hope it is.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Welp I'm outta this thread

obama_8dd210_13847161_zps14c965c3.gif
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

There's your problem. I know it sounds amazing, but if you eat food you will lose weight.
  • notwhatyouthink
    Options
    Cant compete?
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    10 pounds since March is good. I think everyone tends to forget that a pound equals 3500 calories. If you're close to your goal weight, or to put it another way if your daily requirement is 1300 to 1700 calories a day, it's very difficult to eat 3500 calories less in a week, as we are all required to consume 1200 calories a day to keep our bodies from going into starvation mode.

So the next option is to burn through exercise 3500 calories in a week, which also is going to be hard to do.

So if you're losing a half pound a week, that's fantastic, it still equates to 25 pounds lost in a year.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Cant compete?

U_mad_troll_gif.gif
    You just mad we eat AND lose weight. Boo-ya!