I STILL CAN'T SEE MY AB MUSCLES!!

I've been working out like crazy, I've lowered my fat content to hardly anything and I still can't see my ab muscles! Any suggestions???

Replies

• leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    What is your body fat percentage?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    What's your actual bf%? I believe, generally, women has to get to around 20% before they see abs

*Please note the generally, which means that if your mom's brother's teacher's sister in law's baby cousin can see her abs at 25% I ain't talking about her.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,645 Member
    make your muscles larger or lower your body fat %...any other suggestion is just a "HOW" to do one or the other.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    What is your body fat percentage? How are you measuring it? Are your ab muscles big enough to be seen?

Your ticker says you have 11lbs to go. Maybe in 11lbs you can see your ab muscles.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    You're lowering your fat intake, or your bodyfat? I'm confused.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    You should do a vegan smoothie cleanse.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Lowering your fat intake doesn't ensure that you'll see your abs. Your overall bodyfat has to be low enough for that to happen. If you're over 20% body fat overall, chances are it's still too high for any definition to show through.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    What's your actual bf%? I believe, generally, women has to get to around 20% before they see abs

*Please note the generally, which means that if your mom's brother's teacher's sister in law's baby cousin can see her abs at 25% I ain't talking about her.

This. Also note that if you are someone who stores fat in the stomach, you probably will have to get to lower than 20% body fat
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    I've been working out like crazy, I've lowered my fat content to hardly anything and I still can't see my ab muscles! Any suggestions???
    A huge amount of visible abs is Genetics it may be that you just wont be able to see them. Personally never understood the obsession with them
  • yogaticha
    yogaticha Posts: 4 Member
    Cut out all sugar. Increase your fat...yes, you need fat to lose weight and get great muscle def. eat 1/2 an avocado daily or 1 tbs of coconut oil. Juice and eat lots of veggies...not so much fruit, lean protein and also stay away from wheat, dairy, etc. Try it for a week and see if you like the results.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Perhaps what you're looking for isn't realistic for your body type.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Lowering your fat intake doesn't ensure that you'll see your abs. Your overall bodyfat has to be low enough for that to happen. If you're over 20% body fat overall, chances are it's still too high for any definition to show through.

IDEA Fitness member

I'm at around 18-19% and I'm just starting to see mine. Barely. If it's a full moon on a Tuesday.

OP are you lowering dietary fat? Because that's not going to help. And for how long have you been "working out like crazy?"
  • Achrya
    Cut out all sugar. Increase your fat...yes, you need fat to lose weight and get great muscle def. eat 1/2 an avocado daily or 1 tbs of coconut oil. Juice and eat lots of veggies...not so much fruit, lean protein and also stay away from wheat, dairy, etc. Try it for a week and see if you like the results.

...wut?
  • I'm at 21% :( So I guess I have a ways to go!!
    My friend is a pro-boxer and swears by the crazy wrap stuff for muscle definition, has anyone tried that??
  • Achrya

This. Also note that if you are someone who stores fat in the stomach, you probably will have to get to lower than 20% body fat

On this note I'm torn. I don't store fat in my stomach, and that seems cool, but instead I store in my *kitten* and that's kinda annoying. I wonder if there's any place to store fat that isn't a pain.

Boobs maybe?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'm at 21% :( So I guess I have a ways to go!!
    My friend is a pro-boxer and swears by the crazy wrap stuff for muscle definition, has anyone tried that??

It'll release some water weight which will help them show more temporarily. But that's it.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_1342199.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    I'm at 21% :( So I guess I have a ways to go!!
    It MAY help with definition IF you're already seeing your abs. Meaning it will help with reducing water under the skin. But if body fat is still too high, then no amount of wrapping will help that.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_1342199.jpg

:laugh: