100-200 Calorie "Snacks"

Options
I've been looking for 100-200 Calorie snacks outside of processed "Bars" which are Filling and will keep your hunger at bay for a little while. Water and Celery don't seem to last long in my tummy haha.

Here's what I've found so far which I like

*FAV*
1. Roasted Spiced Chickpeas
225 Cal 1/4 Can
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-roasted-chickpea-snack/

Recipe Edit:
Dry Roast the Chickpeas (fully rinsed and dried, gunk on bottom of can) on foil for 30 min at 400deg, occasionally shaking the pan. Take it out and then drizzle with EVOO , toss and and then add the spices, another 10 min at 400. I added a lot more Salt, Chili and Red Pepper Flakes. You can do less Cumin. The spices as it can probably flavor 2 cans of Chickpeas. Also added a but of Garam Masala (Optional)

Don't forget to occasionally shake the pan!

* If you do 2 cans at once, the cooktime is longer. Unsure how much, still experimenting but after I spiced them I added 20 min and they still looked like they could go longer.

2. Homemade Apple Sauce
~90 Cal an Apple's worth serving
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sarahs-applesauce/

3. Cookie Dough Oatmeal
157 Cal a Bar
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1256733-cookie-dough-baked-oatmeal-with-pics

Does anyone else have a Fav 100-200 cal "Snack" to share?

Thanks All! ^_^

Replies

• ninacapri14
    Options
    I've been eating mulit grain waffles with low fat cream cheese spreaded and topped with fruit. I've been eating it as breakfast but after logging it into MFP, I realized that it was only 155 calories! The good thing is you can try it with different cream cheese spreads. Someone suggested spreading nutella on the waffle and topping it with raisins (not sure of the calorie intake). It's also really filling. I've had the same issues you expressed with the bar as well. Hope this helps. :wink:
  • HeatherScent37
    HeatherScent37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My standard mid-afternoon snack is a cheese string (80 calories) and fruit. Pretty boring, I know. lol
  • Tingababoo
    Tingababoo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank You ladies!

Nina - I will be trying the Waffles for Bfast (no toaster at work), sounds Delicious!
    Heather - String cheese! Great Idea! Thanks!
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    1 oz of pistachios unshelled = 170 cals
    30g of yogurt or chocolate covered raisins = 120 cals
    1/2 cup cottage cheese w/ 1 cup pre-packaged pinapple = 150 cals

These have been my go-tos for the past week or so.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I eat all sorts of snacks, mostly involving some sort of cheese and something crunchy :). This afternoon's snack is 150g of misc cut veggies, 2 tb of greek yogurt ranch dressing, and a string cheese for ~150 calories total.

Another recent favorite is a sliced green apple and 7-10g of honey roasted pecans, dipped into light vanilla greek yogurt. Using the Dannon Light and Fit greek, it will come in about 175-200 calories, depending on how big your apple is.

Kind bars are good, too.