Scale obsession!

Options
13»

Replies

• misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily because I am interested to see how my food choices affect fluctuations. It is the first thing I do, after a trip to the bathroom!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    My husband weighs himself every day. He just likes to. But then again, he's a guy and if he sneezes, he'll be at his goal weight. Alright - maybe not - maybe he needs to do it twice! LOL He's probably only got maybe 15 pounds to lose if that.

I absolutely cannot weigh myself everyday. Some days, I'm tempted more than others to et on the scale, but I try to hold off until Saturday or Sunday (preferably Sunday) because my weigh-in day at WW is Monday. That's what I use for my "official weigh-in number". Seeing the daily fluctuations would drive me crazy.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself around 3 times a day.

Always first thing in the morning, I go potty, strip naked, get on the scale and log it on the calendar that I have on the bathroom door. this is actually what gets me out of bed in the morning. Ohh, I wonder if I dropped weight!! lol
    When I get home from work and am changing into my workout clothes, I weigh again.
    Then right after my workout and before my shower.

I like to see how I can drop after a great workout but before I completely rehydrate. As long as you don't become obsessed, you'll be fine.
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job at a hospital. I weigh myself every morning post poo, in the same clothes and shoes (scrubs) in an exam room. Then I write the number on my calendar and just log in MFP on Fridays. I don't log gains, its discouraging to me. Then I can flip through my calendar and see for example May 1st weight-June 1st weight to see how many pounds I loose per month. I like monthly #'s vs. weekly #'s lost since its a bigger number.
  • themotherofdragons
    Options
    isn't checking your weight in the morning the best time to check your weight? if not, then when?
  • mcclellan82
    Options
    I believe you are right hun, the morning is the best...and there after that way you are consistent.

I do mine once a week, but I also tape myself...I have gotten use to not "listening to the scale" but paying more attention to what my measurements are doing. I just found myself getting frustrated when the scale didn't change, or hardly changed. But that's just me.
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I believe you are right hun, the morning is the best...and there after that way you are consistent.

I do mine once a week, but I also tape myself...I have gotten use to not "listening to the scale" but paying more attention to what my measurements are doing. I just found myself getting frustrated when the scale didn't change, or hardly changed. But that's just me.

I think I need to look up a site for measuring.. I know it sounds silly, but I'm not really sure how/where to measure myself... the exact placement etc - but I would like to know that info as well as weight!
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have a weird scale relationship.
    I weigh each morning after the bathroom, when im still half asleep. Then I move on with my day... Dont touch it all day. I only log my weight loss after 2-3 days of hitting that number. I know its weird... I just know how much weight flex through day/week and I refuse to change my ticker until it seems more concrete.
  • LoriLL79
    LoriLL79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself around 3 times a day.

Always first thing in the morning, I go potty, strip naked, get on the scale and log it on the calendar that I have on the bathroom door. this is actually what gets me out of bed in the morning. Ohh, I wonder if I dropped weight!! lol
    When I get home from work and am changing into my workout clothes, I weigh again.
    Then right after my workout and before my shower.

I like to see how I can drop after a great workout but before I completely rehydrate. As long as you don't become obsessed, you'll be fine.

I do almost the exact same thing. Though my problem is I am obsessed. Watching myself loose and gain the same four pounds for the last two months is driving me mad.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself MAYBE once a month. I do not own a scale and I am scared that if I purchase one that I'll be obsessed. I weigh in at the gym. It works for me.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. But, I don't let a slight gain bother me in the slightest. I know I'm logging my food at a steady calorie deficit and working out, so nothing to fear! Just plain curious.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I used to be. but once i reach me highest weight i just stop because i would beat myself up for it. But its a good thing to do it atleast once a week (in my opinion) but i am now back at it weighing in once a week. really wanna lose weight this time :grumble:
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. I have the Fitbit Aria scale, so my weight updates to MFP every day (I had to turn off notifications as of course it fluctuates a ton). I also linked it up to Trendweight.com, which has a lot of cool graphs. Friday is my "official" weigh-in day.

Because the Aria syncs automatically, it actually keeps me from weighing in during the day, as of course it will go up as I eat and drink and I don't want to see my MFP ticker slide back even further!
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. The scale is in the kitchen right next to the refrigerator.
  • turpenoid
    turpenoid Posts: 73
    Options
    You can always weigh yourself daily but only track the lowest weight you've observed within a 7 day period.

I decided that I'm only going to weigh myself once every 12 days. The scale drives me insane. :noway:
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    2x a week works good for me..
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself on sunday's but I noticed that my sodium is higher on the weekend and I would retain water. So now I'm going to weigh everyday but log the one that is on Friday.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I weigh my naked self every morning after going to the bathroom and record any losses from the previous week's weight loss on a text document I started from the beginning. I post on MFP every Thursday the average weight loss number. But, only if I've lost at least a pound. If not, then I wait until the next week. So far this method has worked for me. :)