New Recipe Builder

Options
Embarsky
Embarsky Posts: 1
I have been very frustrated with the new recipe builder. It's almost impossible to find all of the ingredients with the latest update. I cannot match ingredients even after replacing and searching, for items I know are on the database. Can anyone help?

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I can never get it to work period... so good I'm no help... just thought I would throw that out there.
  • vastiris
    vastiris Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been very frustrated with the new recipe builder. It's almost impossible to find all of the ingredients with the latest update. I cannot match ingredients even after replacing and searching, for items I know are on the database. Can anyone help?

I agree with this 100% - Things you find in the regular database simply aren't there.
  • MsTerryJay
    MsTerryJay Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am having problems as well. AND I can't figure out how to edit the recipe names to make corrections. I try to put the serving size in the name, but forget sometimes until after I am done. Or I will load the recipe first, play around with serving sizes for the desired calories, THEN I fix the meal, measure the results and divide by qty of servings to know the cups/oz/grams per serving.

I liked the import part, and the ability to just type the ingredients in, that change is pretty cool. But I would like to change the name if I make modifications, like change my Chicken Chili to Chicken Chili w/o beans 1 cup serving size... I'm not seeing how I can do this anymore... edit lets me swap out ingredients, but it is not letting me change/fix the recipe name. :frown:
  • mstripes
    mstripes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When did it change? I used it last week and it seemed fine then.
  • loji75
    loji75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out how to use. Especially the serving part
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options

I agree with this 100% - Things you find in the regular database simply aren't there.

This. Plus I've noticed that when I do search it puts items in my "my foods" list first followed by items that don't come anywhere close to matching my search words. Very frustrating!!! :explode:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's not the recipe builder itself, it's the search that is all FUBAR.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I would just like to be able to edit recipes. I hate having to delete an ingredient and then have to search the massive food list to find it again just because I want to use a 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup. I've tried the new features, they don't work well at all.
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you look to the right of your screen, about midway down, you will see a button marked old recipe calculator (or something like that).