Info about weight lifting?

Options
In a few years I will be able to start a gym regimen and would like to do some weight lifting for strength. Can anybody point me in the direction of some reliable, fact-based websites about beginner weight lifting? Or some good up- to-date books? I'd like to educate myself ahead of time. Thanks! :]

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're not going to start going to the gym for a few years?? Why not start working out now?

New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Because I work 8 hours a day and go to school for five hours a day. I spend almost two hours driving and the remainder of that time is sleeping, eating and studying. I do chores, babysit and visit family on weekends and finally have a couple of hours to relax on Sunday night. It's not something I'm willing to (or even something I can) fit into my schedule at the moment, nor something I can afford. I have about $30 extra dollars each month and that's only because my boyfriend is footing a couple of my bills. Once I'm finished with school in February, my main focus will be finding a second job to pay off my student loans and maintain the bills while my boyfriend finishes school.
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    muscleandstrength.com
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Because I work 8 hours a day and go to school for five hours a day. I spend almost two hours driving and the remainder of that time is sleeping, eating and studying. I do chores, babysit and visit family on weekends and finally have a couple of hours to relax on Sunday night. It's not something I'm willing to (or even something I can) fit into my schedule at the moment, nor something I can afford.

I know how that is! Makes perfect sense - I used to have a similar schedule so I know it's not just another excuse...

Check out the book I recommended though (New Rules of Lifting for Women) , even if you're not doing the routines now it is still really useful info.

People really like Stronglifts 5x5 too - I think that's just all online, no book.