Pre-Nursing Student :)

Options
I am currently a pre-nursing student; just trying to get back into a healthier lifestyle. Looking for friends who log and encourage daily :) Feel free to add anyone! Would especially love some friends who are going into, or are in the same medical profession :D

Replies

• mistyrn123
    mistyrn123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey glad to hear your looking into the nursing field I have been an RN for 6 years now . Feel free to message me... Good luck!
  • MomToThreeRN
    Options
    Hi! I am in my last year of Nursing school right now! It is tough, and makes losing weight and staying healthy so difficult. Classes are long, and studying and homework is longer so you have a lot of time sitting on your butt without a lot of time for exercise! But I am determined that I can do it and so can you. I would tell you to go ahead an establish a good work out routine before school starts so that you are well into it by the time classes start. Once you start, set aside a scheduled time around your class schedule so it will be easier to stick to. If you wait until you have time to work out, you will probably never get the chance. Also I would plan/make meals ahead of time because there is not a lot of time to cook which makes fast foods more tempting, and always carry healthy snacks with you everywhere, even if you don't think you will need them. Boredom while sitting in class makes all of my fellow nursing students super hungry all the time! And there is NOTHING healthy in the vending machines! So it is better to be prepared. These are the goals I am trying to implement myself to help me on my journey. Hope it helps! Add me if you want. I can help with motivation with this, and with school! :-)
  • mjedy16
    mjedy16 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have one more semester to go after summer break before I am a RN. I have gained 9 pounds over the past year! I can not stress to you enough to establish healthy ways to deal with stress before you are in the program! It is a tough process that does have rewarding moments. Feel free to add me as well :)
  • smann1115
    smann1115 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me if you'd like!