NSV - I can tie my shoes! (Without sitting down!)

Chevy_Quest
Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
NSV - I can tie my shoes! (Without sitting down!)

Over the years I have gotten more and more out of shape until I found myself looking at a 41" waist, 31% BF, looking like hell, and feeling like an old man. (I am 5'7", started at 203 lbs and am down to 191)

I started here last year. Disappeared for a while (real life overwhelmed me for a bit), and have come back with a mission now. I have been especially good during the last few months: logging everything and getting exercise every day.

I had gotten used to having to sit down on a chair or steps to tie my shoes .Slowly but surely I was starting to adopt "heavy people" habits.... putting everything at work in reach so I would not have to get out of my chair, planning my trips up and down the stairs, looking a long time for parking spots, etc. etc. etc.

I was in a hurry today because I had to travel for business and realized I wanted to drive in my running shoes. I was busy going through a list in my head, when I looked down and said "WTF... I am tying my shoes standing up, my knees and back don't hurt, and it feels normal". I had 'limited" myself and bought into the fact that I could not ever tie my shoes like that again!

It is time for me to stop limiting myself... the sky is the limit!

By the way.... I have been netting between 1700 and 2200 calories a day. I am eating right between my BMR and TDEE - Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks to all my MFP friends who keep inspiring me, kickng my *kitten*, and making me laugh! :drinker:

Replies

• kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Well done, congrats!

I never considered tying my shoes without sitting down or using a step. I'll have to go see if I'm missing something...
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    It's AMAZING the things we can do as we lose the weight! Even the simple every day things. Makes me want to do big things like zip lining and sky diving! I would NEVER have been brave enough to do that before!

Congrats OP!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Well done, congrats!

I never considered tying my shoes without sitting down or using a step. I'll have to go see if I'm missing something...

Thanks!
    It feels pretty awesome ! :drinker:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    It's pretty amazing what things we take for granted when we have them and how good it feels to get them back. Great work staying on track!
  • benovic001
    benovic001 Posts: 6 Member
    Awesome job. It is the things that keep us going. Good for you!
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Zip lines are so much fun! Don't wait to be a certain weight, do it now!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    I believe in losing weight the slow but surely way too.. I've learn to be happy just that!

Job well done with the NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!