First day..

Options
Hi,

I am 48 years old.. want to lose 50 lbs.. I have been stuck at this weight (200) for about three years. I have tried many other programs and none have kept me interested, motivated or on the losing path. Yo yo up and down two lbs off two back on... four off five on... I am frustrated and really tired of carrying the extra "baggage"..

I am petite.. with a small frame and have found it impossible to find clothes that fit.. I have that closet of clothes staring at me everyday that I want to get back into.

I had hip resurfacing last July. No more pain and my stamina is getting better day by day.. Time to make the change. I am beginning to train for a 5k and am interested in yoga.. which wasn't an option with my old hip.. and now this Zumba thing has me intrigued.

I want to lose the weight.. gain confidence...have fun and get through this with the company of friends.

Replies

• islandgirljane
    islandgirljane Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck and stay focused, this really works. :happy:
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome! It does work!
    Good Luck!
  • z122
    z122 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the support! Wow! :)
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good luck...you can do this!! So happy you are here!!:)
  • Capone007
    Capone007 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I loved Zumba when I was doing it, but I also love dancing as well (especially latin ballroom). Have you started with it yet? If not, make sure you get a great teacher who uses fun music. It may be a bit frustrating at first until you get some of the moves, but soon enough you will be doing it no problem.
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great place that is helping me immensely. Feel free to add me if you want a friend.